CHAPTER:-4 Guilt

Mike and Kai⤴️

Mike's POV:-

⚘~ A Week Later ~⚘

It's my fault.

It's my fucking fault.

It's my fault that Malachi hasn't woken up for a week.

A week.

One whole week! Fuck.

⚘~ Another Week Later~⚘

Why doesn't he wake up?

Why did I fuck this up?

I hate myself.

He must hate me too.

I should have noticed.

I should have noticed that he wasn't comfortable.

I should have noticed he didn't want this.

Fuck!

⚘~ Three Days Later~⚘

I am sitting beside Kai's hospital bed. Nothing new. I have been sitting for the past two weeks. Two weeks and three days to be precise. He still hasn't woken up. Doctors don't know why.

That day we carried him to the pack hospital. It was nearing midnight. We couldn't find doctors until Ceol shouted through the pack link.

Two and a half weeks.

Two and a half weeks since I- I raped him.

Fuck he must hate me so much.

It was too much for him.

I should have noticed.

But no. I was blind chasing my own pleasure.

I can never forgive myself. Never.

"Babe.." I hear Ceol call. I haven't been able to face him either.

He wasn't any different. Sitting on the other side of the hospital bed, holding Kai's hand coaxing him to wake up. We hardly move from our spots.

"Babe.." Ceol calls again and I turn to face him. I was quite surprised to find my brothers standing there. Triplets. Alpha Trio.

Mom would have told them. I smile sadly at them. Wait..

Xerxes?

I am beyond surprised to see him here. A few years back, six to be precise, he was kidnapped and tortured by rouges. I don't know the full thing because I was never told. What I know is, the rogues tortured him by splashing boiling hot water on one side of his face. He managed to escape but that scar remained. Since then, he has locked himself into a room. Six years. So what made him come now? Not complaining.

He came closer to look at Malachi before glancing back at me with a smile and wiping away my tears. For the world he may be scary, but for me and Kai he is our sweet brother. So are the other two.

"Why are you crying?" He asked gently.

"It's my fault. I-I... " I trailed off, not able to say anything. Xerxes just raised an eyebrow.

"What? It's not your fault baby brother. It was bound to happen. That's why I am here. To explain. " he said, making me tilt my head. He gestured Ceol to sit beside me.

"You know about Leonardo right? He and Cain are here because of how much you guys love each other. Your will to protect each other. But he doesn't belong here. Neither of them. Besides, being God of weres is the same as being The King of weres. He has his responsibilities. Now, a war is going on. You might know. A war between hunters and Weres. He needs to be there. For Malachi, it's like separating from his wolf but the only danger is that Leo can come back. And he will." He says. By the end of the explanation I am staring at him wide eyed and immediately reaching out for Cain.

He was whimpering and whining. I try to comfort him with no luck. I return my attention to Xerxes before asking;

"Did Malachi know?"

He nods slightly. I feel tears sting my eyes. What else is he hiding from me?

I hug Ceol. Sobbing into his chest. He hugs me back tightly, comforting me. I feel him kissing my forehead and eyes. He continues peppering kisses to my face while reaching for Cain.

'Did you know?' I asked him though I already knew the answer. He nods slightly and I start crying harder.

'It wasn't supposed to take longer than a week..' he says timidly.

I immediately turned my head towards Xerxes who was staring at Malachi. I tap his shoulder and he turns around.

"Cain says it wasn't supposed to take longer than a week." I say and his eyes widen. He starts pacing around the room mumble curses.

"Do you think the elders could help?" Ceol asked unsurely.

"Not likely but we could try." Xerxes said followed by a string of curses.

After half an hour Xerxes was still pacing round the room, calling elders from various packs asking them if they knew anything about the war. Suddenly the heart rate monitor beeped and started showing a steady line. I covered my mouth sobbing. The doctors rushed in shouting. But I couldn't hear anything. I couldn't stop crying. My brother was gone. The reality hit me.

Someone hugged me from behind and I immediately knew it was Ceol. I hugged him tighter, sobbing into his chest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please vote, share and comment to show support, tell us your thoughts about the story. You can check out my art work(Requests are open) and my coming-soon book 'Blackmailed:- I'm gay, It's a secret!', please support it when it comes out. Feel free to talk to me about anything you want to.

~Max xoxo❤💜