04. Girl of Steel

CHAPTER FOUR.

"How are there only four first-years? Isn't that too few?" Itadori questioned as he, Fushiguro, and Yuna were waiting for the final missing first-year. He leaned against some railing while eating a popsicle.

Fushiguro, who opted to stand with a brooding expression, turned to him. "Well, have you ever met anyone who can see curses before?"

Itadori paused mid-bite of his popsicle to think about it before answering. "Nope."

"That just proves how small a minority jujutsu sorcerers are."

Itadori nodded in understanding before another thought occurred to him. "Also, didn't you say Yuna and I were the third and fourth?"

"Their entry was decided a while ago," Fushiguro answered in reference to who would technically be the second of the first-years. "You know what our school's like. Everyone has unique circumstances."

"That's an understatement," Yuna spoke up from her position. She had chosen to sit on the ground cross-legged, deck of cards in hand as she shuffled them almost mindlessly. "You knew they were coming but you don't know anything else about them?"

"It wasn't of my interest, I already knew they'd arrive eventually." Yuna rolled her eyes at that, still focused on her cards. 

"Sorry for the wait!" They looked up and noticed Gojo heading their way, waving at them. He then paused and observed Itadori and Yuna in particular. "Oh? Your uniforms made it in time, I see."

"Yeah, it's a perfect fit," Itadori answered before glancing at the dark-haired sorcerer next to him. "Though it's slightly different from Fushiguro's. It has a hood for one."

"That's because the uniforms can be customized upon request," Gojo explained. 

"Huh? But I never put in any requests," Itadori frowned, confused. He turned to Yuna, who had paused her shuffling to stand up. 

Her uniform was similar to what she'd worn the night he ate the cursed object. She still had the dark cargo pants lined with pockets and combat boots, but her oversized jacket had been replaced with one like Gojo's minus the high-necked portion.

"I was the one who put in the custom orders," their new teacher grinned.

"I almost thought he was a pervert when he asked me what clothing sizes I wore without any additional explanation," Yuna stated, shooting an unamused frown toward Gojo, who grinned cheekily.

Itadori blinked then looked at the red hood attached to his uniform before he shrugging. "Whatever, I guess."

"Be careful. Gojo-sensei has a tendency to do things like that," Fushiguro warned before turning his gaze to Gojo. "More importantly, why are we meeting up in Harajuku?"

"Because it's what she asked for," he answered simply.

"Hey, popcorn! I want some!" Itadori exclaimed when a nearby snack vendor caught his attention. As he went to buy some, Yuna observed the busy street ahead of them. 

"This is a great place to disappear," she remarked, sliding her cards back into their box before slipping her hands into her jacket pockets. Her golden gaze tracked people's movements and behaviors. "Keep a bag over your shoulder, pretend you're talking on the phone, look at posters or window displays; I've avoided a few sorcerers like that." 

A soft smile found it's way onto her face as she recalled the moments. The sorcerers hadn't been looking for her, hadn't even noticed her, but it was better safe than sorry.