𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝖴𝗇𝖿𝖺𝗂𝗋
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Nao saw quite a lot during its travels.

It saw the good in humans as well as the bad.

It saw the nice things in life in addition to the unpleasant things that were natural parts of living.

Nao saw feelings too... if that made any sense.

It saw love. Love that people shared.

It saw heartbreak and how it affected humans.

It saw hatred, sadness, joy, shame, fear, embarssment, disgust, guilt, frustration, jealousy, gratitude, optimism.

There were so many different feelings, all of which Nao was still trying to understand and learn more about.

It was... confused. Yet at the same time it understood.

Only after it saw Ichiro reunite with his little sister did it start to understand. A little bit, yes, but it was still improvement.

"Here, Miss!"

Nao was brought back to the present, looking surprised when a little boy offered her some soup.

Nao blinked, "Oh. Thank you."

It accepted the food from the boy who's eyes lit up slightly as he sat down beside y/n with a smile.

"So! You wanna know about Kaneshiro-san?" the boy inquired and Nao nodded slowly, "Well... he moved to Yashiori Island a while back. Near Higi Village."

"He did?" Nao's eyes lit up slightly, "Not great but at least I know of where he is now."

The boy seemed alarmed as Nao slowly got to its feet, using its sword for support as a small groan slipped out.

"W-Wait, shouldn't you rest?" the boy cried with a worried expression, "After all... you did take a direct hit from the Shogun!"

Ah, yes. It had, hadn't it?

Nao noted the dull ache in its body, "...I was built to be able to regenerate. I'll be alright with time."

Nao had indeed crossed paths with the Shogun, having taken an aggressive approach in getting information on its creator's whereabouts.

Not the best idea. If Nao were any normal human, it would've perished as soon as it was hit with the so called Musou no Hitotachi.

However, it survived. A simple shift in stance mere milliseconds before the attack hit was what saved the machine in that brief moment. Nao couldn't help but silently thank Kaneshiro for making it the way he did.

Nao's design allowed it to regenerate over time without the need of food or water. Only rest in one place was required.

With this little trait, Nao made it out alive. Half dead, yes, but I'd it were to come across the Shogun again... the chances of dying would be highly unlikely.

As for the bright eyed boy sitting beside it, Nao had no idea what his name was but was indebted to him.

He had agreed to hide Nao while it recovered.