chapter 1 - summer break

After this long week of school, it's finally summer break. I can't wait to hang out everyday with the group.

I get home from school and get changed to meet Kiara. I grab some shorts and a pink top. I also grab my beige Converse.

While I put everything on I hear the front door open. I grab my bag and my phone and I walk downstairs. It's my brother Rafe.

"Hey Liv, where are you going?" Rafe asks. "Oh I'm just going to Kiara." Rafe raises his eyebrows as he says. "Not those damn Pogues again." I laugh at him.

Rafe really hates the pogues. I've been friends with them since I was a child. I met them because of Cj Maybank. She is dating Rafe (he doesn't seem to hate that Pogue). She really feels like a sister to me. Her and Wheezie (my little sister) are also close. So she really is family.

She is also the twin sister of JJ Maybank. Him and I became closer since last summer. We even had a date but nothing ever happend after. I kinda wish something did, but maybe this summer it will.

Then you have Kiara Carrera, I met her a few years ago when she became part of our group. We always have a lot of fun when we're together. She is there for me when I need her. And she is so brave.

Then there's John B Routledge, my twin sisters boyfriend. They are really cute together. That doesn't mean I am close with my sister Sarah, but she deserves him. They literally are in love.

And last but not least you have Pope Heyward.  He and Kiara had a little thing last summer, but it ended pretty soon. I work with him at his dads restaurant and it's always a lot of fun. He is with no doubt the smartest guy I've ever known.

"Bye Rafe, see you later." Rafe sighs and gives me a hug before I leave. "Ok fine but be careful." I laugh at him and leave. I get into my dads car and drive to Kiara's house.

I knock at her door and her mom opens it. "Oh hi Olivia, I'm glad to see you again." Kiara's mom hates Pogues, even tho she used to date one. So she is always happy to see me because I'm actually a Kook. Although I feel like a pogue.

Kiara comes downstairs and we go to her room. "So what have you been up to?" Kiara smiles. "Okay listen I've got the best idea, tonight we're going to John B's house and we're throwing a party there." I laugh,"Okay bet, who are we inviting?" "Just Pogues, I'm so not in the mood to see Kooks today."

We arrive at John B's house. It's already getting dark and my dads car is still at Kiara's house. He will get so pissed at me when I get home. Well I don't care anyway.

JJ walks up to us. "Hey you guys made it." He hugs me. And I smell his cologne. I put my head on his shoulder while he hugs me. I always feel safe around him.

Kiara laughs as she walks inside. I know what she's thinking. I told her all about my feelings last summer. That was a stupid mistake of me.

"Let's go in the jacuzzi soon." I laugh at him. "You must be joking, I don't even have my bikini with me." He smiles at me. "So? We all wear underwear." I laugh at him and shake my head. When I get drunk il probably do it anyways. "Well sometimes we don't wear underwear." He winks at me. Jerk.

We walk to the garden. It's already pretty crowded. JJ is getting us some drinks. I walk up to some other friends from school.

After a while I wonder what's taking JJ so long. I could really use a drink right now. But then I feel someone putting his arms around me. At first I thought it was JJ but when I turned my head I saw it was Topper.

"Topper wtf, get your hands off me." I said while trying to get his arms off me. "What's the matter Livvy, I know you like it." Ew gross. He is definitely drunk. "No Topper I fucking don't. What are you even doing here. This party isn't for  fucking Kooks."

People start to watch and I feel very uncomfortable. "Come on Liv don't be a baby." He says as he comes closer to me. I push him away. "You should get out of here." He laughs as he grabs by my waist.

"You're just like Sarah, always trying to be one of the Pogues, but you know damn well that you will always be a Kook." I try to get him off me. "Don't fucking tell me what I am." Topper wouldn't let me go.

"Get your fucking hands off her!" I heard JJ scream. He walked toward Topper and punched him in his face. Topper went mad. Kiara pulled me away.

The party got messed up. A lot of Kooks joined, and after what happend with Topper, more people were fighting.

I walked into John B's bedroom to check on JJ. He had a blue eye and a few more bruises. "Are you okay?" He looked me in the eyes and smiled. "Yeah I'm fine. Are you okay? Topper was being a  fucking asshole." I stroke his hair. "Yes I'm okay. Thank you for helping me out." I give him a hug. "Anything for you." He whispers.

We hugged for a few minutes straight. It felt comfortable and safe. "Should we go outside, the party is over anyway." He said while standing up.
"Okay, if you're feeling good."

We went outside to the rest of the group. "JJ are you okay?" Pope came up to him.

I sat down next to Kiara. She gives me a hug. "Are you okay after what Topper did to you?" She looks concerned at me. "Yeah I'm fine, it's no big deal."

I look around. "Wait where's Cj she wasn't here the whole time right?" Kiara also looks around. "I guess she is with Rafe. I still don't get what she sees in him. No offence but he is a jerk." I laugh as I say, "Yeah I know, but he is a really nice guy if you get to know him. Too bad he is proud to be a Kook."

Sarah and John B come up to us. "Anyone want some drinks?" I could really use one. "Yes thank you Sarah." Pope and JJ also join us.

"Well this was a great night to start the summer." Pope laughs. JJ stands up. "Was? The night has just started. I say let's get in the jacuzzi." Everybody laughs. Fuck it, I'm going in.

I walk toward the jacuzzi and take of my pink top and shorts. JJ's mouth falls open. "What? Are you coming or not?" I say to him. JJ walks up to me. "Hell yeah." He takes of his short and pants.

Everybody is laughing at us. Kiara yells,
"You guys are crazy!" I get in the jacuzzi, so does JJ. "Damn this is hot." He laughs at me. I put the bubbles on and take a seat. JJ comes close to me. I feel my cheeks glowing. Probably just because of the heat right?

He lifts me up and puts me on his lab. I take a quick look but the rest of the group can't see us from this point. I lean in but just in time I hear a car pull up in the driveway.

"Shit who is that." JJ gets up and looks around the corner. Cj comes up to us. "Hi Cj, I missed you!" I yell half drunk. She wispers, "Your in trouble Liv." Rafe also walks up to us. JJ gets out of the jacuzzi as fast as possible. Rafe raises his eyebrows. "Dads pissed at you, you need to come home now with his car."

I cross my arms and say in a sad voice, "But I don't wanna go yet." I hope he didn't see that I was on JJ's lab, because otherwise he would go mad. "Just come Liv, you don't want problems with your dad." Cj grabs my arm and helps me out of the jacuzzi.

Then she looks at JJ. "Wtf happend to your face. Don't tell me you got in a fight again." JJ looks at me and I shake my head. "I'm fine, really. Why don't you stay here."

Cj looks at Rafe. "I'm sorry JJ, but I'm staying at Rafe's tonight." JJ shakes his head. "Again? I get why you don't want to come home, but seeing you sometime would be nice."

Cj gets mad. "Hey don't blame me that I'm not home. Your never home either." JJ shakes his head again. "Whatever, go live like a Kook, but we all know that deep inside you're a fucking Pogue!"

Rafe grabs Cj by her arm. "Wait in the car, i need to talk to Olivia." I cross my arms. "We have nothing to talk about Rafe." Rafe looks me in the eyes. "Come on Livvy, come home please. Just for tonight."

I look at JJ. "Are you gonna be okay?" JJ nods. "Just go, you don't wanna get in trouble." I nod and grab my clothes.