Chapter 2 | Talking

As steadily as I could, I raise my head and locked eyes with the monsters themselves

"Do you know why you are here, Diana?" Father asks. He sits on his throne of a chair with one leg over the other and leaning his head against his hand. Mother is sitting upright, her hands laying on her lap and her head tilted up as her amber eyes glare down at me.

Now I feel like I'm trapped prey.

"I am in trouble, Father."

"Correct." Father looks over to his wife. "Caroline, my dear?" My eyes move from Father to Mother, then back to Father. With each passing moment, it feels like my body temperature rises a degree, droplets of sweat trailing after.

"She is unmistakenly correct." I recoil at Mother's tone. "Sophie!" Mother calls, her voice bouncing off the walls and scattering across the grand room. Even when a younger girl stumbles into the room, the echoes of her voice still linger. As for the girl, she has golden hair that is neatly combed with a small diamond-adorned headband, holding back her bangs. She scurries over and bows as far as she can in front of Mother.

"You needed me, Master Caroline?"

Sophie. If I remember correctly, she is only 15 and is now stuck in this hell-hole as Mother's personal errand runner. Poor girl is paying the debt her father owes Father by being a servant for ten years. The man should be dead for such an atrocious act towards his own daughter.

"Go get me the report that Micheal filed earlier today."

"Of course, Master Caroline." And then she's gone faster than lightning. I wouldn't blame her-if I had the choice, I'd be out of the room faster than the speed of sound. Sophie isn't gone for too long. Being quick o her feet, she is back just as fast as she left. She has a single piece of paper and passes it to Mother.

"Dissmissed, Sophie." The girl nods and runs for the exit, leaving me with to fight on my own.

Mother looks at the paper and reads aloud the entire report, word for word.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Officer on Duty: Diana Liz Finnet
Date: 10/18
Time slot: 8:45-9:20 (35 Minutes)
Time Taken: 50 minutes
Target(s): Mitchel Frederick
Known Witnesses: Jake Carnwall (deceased)

Summary:
Diana killed Mitchel Frederick with a surprise attack to the chest with a knife. Took twenty minutes to lure him and another five to kill him. She also tormented Jake Carnwall, Executive Leader Micheal killed him. The torture lasted twenty minutes, kill took no time. Jake Carnwall used throwing stars.

Damage:

Crushed garbage bin; located at the very end of the alleyway

Unexpected witness killed