START HERE!!!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: YOU MUST READ THIS CHAPTER FIRST, AND IF YOU READ THIS BOOK IN THE ORDER IT IS PUBLISHED, THE BOOK WILL MAKE NO SENSE. SO FOLLOW THE BOLD WRITING INSTRUCTIONS AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!

Opening your laptop, your brain takes over, going into 'automatic pilot'. You click on the bookmark you have saved for Youtube and hurriedly check the 'My Subscriptions' section.

You make an excited strangled sound. You don't want to wake the other kids. Or Miss

Everyone's uploaded a video! Stampy, Sqaishey, Alfie, Zoe, Dan and Phil!

Sure, Alfie's video is only 5 minutes, but it's still something!

Plugging in your Dan and Phil headphones, you play with them a bit, making them feel comfortable on your ears. You close your eyes for a few seconds. You are tired, but Miss Dodger will only let you use your laptop for homework, so getting up at 5am to watch YouTube, check Twitter and scroll through Instagram every morning is the only option. It's lucky you go to bed so early.

Watching Alfie's video first, you watch eagerly. It's a challenge video, between him and Zoe.

At certain parts you let out a soft laugh. Laughing too hard would wake up the 6 other kids in the room. Elijah and Ava wouldn't mind, but Jessica would without a doubt dob you in.

Elijah is 17, and feels like he should protect you and the other kids. And he's been here since he was 5, so he knows what the consequences of doing something wrong are. Ava, aged 7 is the only one who know your secret: watching YouTube. And being the honest girl she is, swears never to tell anyone. She's kept it for 2 years.

After the video, you scroll through all the other videos watching them. It's weird how happy they make you. It's like a antidepressant drug you take every morning. It's addictive and effective.

The last video finishes, and closing your laptop; you pull back the sheets you are under, and glance at the clock.

6 am.

You stuff your laptop into your overcrowded backpack just in the nick of time before hearing deafening footsteps and a high screeching voice.

"Kids! Get up... now!" Miss Dodger screeches.

You sit up slowly, still feeling tired; the other orphans waking up and running their eyes.

"It's Saturday, Miss Dodger..." Dylan moans.

"Well, the inspector's comin'. This house has to be tidy, and I'm not doin' it." She says.

You give the others a 'why is Miss Dodger so mean' look, which you give to them often.

She turns and trots out, and you get out of bed.

Luckily, there isn't that much to clean, and you and the others are fast cleaners, and get the place shining of cleanliness in the short space of half an hour.

"Wonder if anyone will come to the open adoption day today?" China asks.

"Maybe." You reply.

You and all 6 others are lying on the couch in the biggest room in the place; the living room.