Ghost From the Past

Gingka POV

He just stood there with his arms folded and staring me down with his signature smirk, looking satisfied with my reaction.

"Ry-Ryuga, how can this be? Y-You've been dead for almost two years! How can you possibly be here right now?" I stammered. "And what's with the outfit? Is this a new you or something?? I'm so confused."

While I was in utter shock, the beys continued to attack each other. I knew I had to focus on the battle, but I couldn't take my eyes off him.

I just stood there waiting for Ryuga's response. I could see him contemplating, almost debating if he should say anything at all. There's obviously a lot he could say. A lot he should say anyway.

"Gingka, all you need to know is that the Dragon Emperor never dies."

"What? That doesn't help me at all! Ryuga, just tell me where you've been all this time! Please." I pleaded with him. It had no effect on the ghost whatsoever.

"Focus on the battle Gingka, you don't want to lose right now do you? C'mon give me a battle worth my time!"

My eyes immediately switched back to the battle. I saw L-Drago fiercely attacking Pegasus without mercy.

If it's a battle he wants, then it's a battle he'll get! I just need to break these stings of attacks right now or I'm going to be in real trouble!

Suddenly an idea came to mind. Now that I was focused and had a plan in mind I had become determined.

"Alright Ryuga you asked for it so here I come! Go Pegasus, mirage mode!"

I looked to Pegasus and saw the core of its fusion wheel shift into mirage mode. Now in its changed form, Pegasus raced toward L-Drago and delivered many attacks at once, eventually sending L-Drago back, but not nearly as far back as I had anticipated. It was then it clicked for me.

I almost forgot, this is Meteo L-Drago not L-Drago destructor. Meteo L-Drago uses its rubber to steal its opponent's spin power. How could I have forgotten?

I began formulating a new plan. One that could break through L-Drago's rubber defense.

I wonder...

"Okay Pegasus time to switch gears into Smash Mode!" I announced with determination.

Pegasus now changed its fusion wheel slightly from mirage mode to smash mode, then began its charge across the dirt straight for L-Drago.

This time instead of delivering multiple attacks at once, Pegasus delivered stronger attacks, focusing on one point—just like how Masamune taught me. I was successful and broke through the rubber defense giving L-Drago a good kick to the gut.

"Alright you rock Pegasus, keep up the pressure!"

Pegasus continued to deliver more attacks that  inflicted major damage to L-Drago; giving L-Drago and Ryuga a run for their money. Or so I thought...

"Is this really all you've been able to grow since I've been gone Gingka?" Ryuga announced clearly disappointed. "I expected more from you, a lot more in fact, but it looks like you've been slacking in your training. A real shame it is."

I'm taken aback by his words. Thinking back to the world championships, that happened not so long ago, I felt like I was missing something back then...

It was my drive. That determination to grow stronger, to push my past my own limits. It's only until now I've realized how it was Ryuga who influenced me to push and work harder than ever to become stronger with Pegasus. Ever since the very beginning of my beyblade journey I trained hard in order to battle him; in fact, he was the very reason I went on my journey in the first place, and since his death I had no other battle with him to look forward to.