Chapter 14

Ryan, Lamaria, and Kaloni are at the table of a restaurant eating breakfast.

"Kaloni, when did you start eating pancakes?", asked Ryan.

"Chris", said Kaloni.

Lamaria began to feel a little nervous and embarrassed. That was Kaloni's second time mentioning Chris. Kaloni and Chris were already close but it was different now because of what happened between him and Lamaria.

He seemed like Ryan didn't mind Kaloni mentioning Chris so Lamaria didn't feel as bad.

"I'm so glad I finally got my girls back. I ain't going into the military again", said Ryan.

"And you don't have to", said Lamaria as she touched his hand.

Ryan kissed her hand.

"Love you", said Ryan.

"I love you too", said Lamaria.

"What about me?", asked Kaloni.

Ryan leaned over the table.

"Don't tell mommy but I love you more?", he whispered. "Shhshh"

"Shhh shh" said Kaloni as she started smiling and putting her finger over her lip.

Lamaria started giggling.

She loved Kaloni and Ryan's relationship.

Ryan looked at Lamaria and smiled. He was happy to see her laughing. Especially after everything that happened yesterday.

Kaloni looks over to see two siblings talking to each other.

"I want a sister", said Kaloni.

Both Ryan and Lamaria were caught off guard by the question.

"You know how much work it'll be if you have a little sister?", asked Ryan.

Lamaria looked at Ryan.

"I can help", said Kaloni.

"A baby sister also means you can't get everything you want", said Ryan.

Lamaria hit Ryan's arm.

"Don't say that", said Lamaria.

"What?", asked Ryan. "You remember what happened when you were pregnant with Kaloni."

"Okay maybe it'll be better this time. Every pregnancy is different", said Lamaria.

"I'm not about to loose you and/or a baby. End of discussion", said Ryan.

Kaloni looked at them.

Lamaria looked at Kaloni.

"Are you eating your food? Make sure you eat", said Lamaria.

Kaloni began eating her food again.

"Excuse me. I have to use the bathroom", said Lamaria before she stood up and walked to the restrooms.

While Lamaria was in the restroom, Chris walked into the restaurant. Once Chris walked to the table he saw Kaloni.

"Damn, y'all start eating without me?", asked Chris.

"I just ordered your food", said Ryan.

Chris looked at the table again and saw a third plate.

Lamaria walked out of the restaurant and saw Chris as he sat next to Kaloni.

Chris looked at Lamaria for a quick second then looked at Ryan.

Lamaria walked to the table and sat down.