Greyson

Greyson had once again tuned out his parents' conversation in the front seat. He had been trying to tell them about his last basketball game. His team had won 15-1, and seven of the baskets had been made by him. It didn't surprise him when they brought Liam into the conversation.

Liam was his twenty-four-year-old brother who had recently been married. He was the star of the family. Liam had straight As all his years of school and had went to college on a football scholarship. He was Joy and Allen Harris's dream child.

Greyson, on the other hand, was nothing like what they wanted. He never got good grades and was always getting into trouble at school. On top of that, he had no interest in football, which was the rest of the family's obsession. He preferred basketball or baseball and thought risking serious injury playing football was not worth it.

So as soon as his parents began talking about Liam, Greyson pulled out his phone and began texting Carter.

Greyson: hey wuts up?

Carter: nothing rlly. we're heading out now.

Greyson: cool cant wait to see u and the others!

Carter: same! r u sure ur not just excited to see Brooke <3

Greyson: shut up! its not like she likes me anyway

Carter: dude! yes she does! don't u see her staring at u in math? shes like "oh my gosh! Greyson is sooo cute! i could marry him mwah mwah"

Greyson: ughhhhhhh!! u r so annoying... when r u gonna hav a crush? i cant wait to tease you :P

Carter: duh, never! i hav 4 sisters. i don't need any more drama

Greyson: ok ok i get it. it doesn't matter if Brooke likes me anyway. we're too young to date ):

Carter: lol ur so pathetic! who cares abt dating?! u only hav a bit of time to be a kid so enjoy life w/o girls

Greyson: fine...

Carter: mom wants me to talk 2 her so i gtg

Greyson: y does she wanna talk to u? ur so annoying

Carter: idk. shes wanted to talk more ever since dad. anyway, byeeeeee!

Greyson: ttyl

Greyson looked up from his phone and out the window. Farm after farm passed by. I wonder how Brooke is, he thought.