Doubts

Third Person POV:
A week and a half later, Elle was discharged from the hospital and was allowed to go home with Yoongi and his dad. As soon as they got home, Yoongi and Jimin's moms facetimed Elle from Jimin's place and they immediately got to planning the shower. Yoongi could tell Jimin was excited about this and it made him happy that Jimin was so excited about all of this. Though, as he heard his moms plan the shower, he slowly started to get more and more anxious about it. They had planned to invite all of their friends and a couple of their relatives who Yoongi hadn't seen in a while. He was scared that they'd all disapprove or be judgmental toward Jimin. He also had his doubts about his own capability of being a father, escpecially as Jimin's second trimester was coming to a close. He felt like he wasn't ready and this whole pregnancy thing was moving way too fast. He didn't know if he was ready to father a single child, let alone two at the same time. He didn't want to stress Jimin out with this, and he didn't want to upset his moms as they were so excited about it as well. So he turned to his dad. He wasn't necessarily the most present parental figure in his childhood, but he was there for the major events at least. Considering this to be a major event, Yoongi paid his father a visit.

"Hey Yoongs. What brings you here?" He greeted with a warm smile as he opened the door. Elle was out shopping with Jimin and the other moms for the shower which was in two weeks.
"Hi dad. Just thought I'd visit." Yoongi awkwardly smiled as his dad let him in.
"I know that awkward face. What'd you want to talk about?"
"Dad, h-how did you know you were ready to be a father?" He'd asked suddenly. His father was taken aback, to say the least.
"Ready? Are you kidding? I was the most irresponsible person when your mother got pregnant. I was panicking all the time as the pregnancy progressed. I honestly didn't think I could be a good father and husband. Especially with the way I was dealing with it all."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, of course I went with your mother to all of her appointments, but when it came to being home with a pregnant Yoona, I would find every excuse. I practically begged my boss for overtime week after week, just so I didn't have to see my wife in the state she was in. It's not that I didn't want to see her pregnant, I just didn't want to see the kind of pain she was enduring while she was pregnant. So I left her with your grandparents a lot. Which was a shitty thing to do, I knew that. But around the beginning of her third trimester, when she had gotten Braxton Hick's and she thought she was going into labor while I was at work, I realised I didn't want to miss something as huge as that and so I tried to be more present. It was late, but I did everything I could for her until the day you were born. I still had my doubts about everything as your due date got closer, but when I saw your mom hold you in her arms, I knew that if she could do all that, if she was strong enough to endure all of that on her own, then I could handle coparenting."
"You are a shitty person dad." Yoongi looked at his father, absolutely baffled.
"I know I am." He chuckled lightly to defuse the tension that he'd just created "You definitely take after your mother. The way you take care of Jimin through everything and the way you two can still be affectionate with each other. I can tell you're going to be a better father than I was. I'm not gonna tell you that you have no reason to be nervous, because you do. You're a first time dad, it's understandable. But I can tell you, judging by the way you've been taking care of Jimin through all of this, you're going to do amazing. I'm so proud of you." Yoongi's dad could only hope that he was making sense and that Yoongi would be comforted by his words. (Me 'subtly' saying 'ik this doesn't really make sense but I hope the point came across.)

"Well, this was not as helpful as I thought this was going to be. But thanks for trying dad. You're a good dad, despite y'know everything." Yoongi smiled softly at his father and his dad pulled him in for a hug.
"Maybe it's best if you talk to your mother about something like this. She always seems to know what to say to make you feel better." He advised.
"I would... but she just seems so excited about this whole situation and planning the shower, I just don't want her to be disappointed. And she'll probably tell Jimin and I don't want him to worry or start having doubts about it."
"You should probably talk to Jimin too. You're in this together, if you're having doubts about something he deserves to know. Don't make the same mistake I did and distance yourself from him because you're doubtful." Yoongi stayed for lunch then he left to meet Jimin at his place.

---

Jimin spent majority of his day with the moms, seeing them all so excited to be throwing this shower for him made him so happy. It had been so long since he's seen them all together like this and so overjoyed about something. He didn't want to ruin their moods by telling them he was scared. He was entering his third trimester and he was starting to realise the gravity of his situation. He was about to give birth to not one, but two children. Two children that he'd have to look after. There was going to be two lives that he ws going to be responsible for the rest of his life. He didn't know if he was ready. Everything was moving too fast, he didn't know what to do. He felt like he wasn't mature enough to be responsible for two little babies.

When they'd gotten home, Yoongi was waiting for them on the couch on his phone.
"You guys are here." Yoongi gave them all a warm smile. He'd been waiting for twenty minutes, and the whole time he'd been considering what his dad had told him.
"Hey bubby, did we keep you waiting long?" Jimin waddled over and greeted Yoongi with a kiss.
"Not too long." Yoongi looked over Jimin's shoulder to see their moms watching the two of them endearingly. It made him almost uncomfortable to see them watching the two of them like that "Can I talk to you? Privately?" He whispered. Jimin nodded and walked up to his room with Yoongi's guidance.
"What's up hyung?" Jimin asked once they'd closed the door.
"I went to see my dad today, and he told me I should be talking to you about this." He informed, sitting beside his boyfriend on the bed. Jimin nodded and continued to listen, without saying much.
"I- I don't want to stress you out, especially since you're pregnant and you shouldn't have to be worried about me right now. Jiminie, I'm scared. I- I don't think I'm ready to be a dad and I don't know if I'm responsible enough to have two kids in my care." He vented (kinda sus 👀 ... sorry hehe)
"Oh thank God." Jimin sighed, "N-not thank god that you're scared, I mean, thank god I'm not the only one. Bubby, I'm so so nervous about having these kids. Especially reaching the start of my third trimester. In only three more months I have to push the two of these kids out of me and we haven't even decided where we're going to put a nursery or bought anything for the babies, and we're both still in school, I still want to finish school but I don't know how to be a good dad if I'm constantly away at school-" Jimin rambled, being cut off when Yoongi pulled him into a hug.
"We're gonna be just fine. As long as we're together, we'll be able to work it all out." Yoongi found a sudden sense of calmness and need to calm Jimin down when he saw him in such distress. Knowing that Jimin was so nervous about it all, made him want to hug him, kiss him and be strong for him so he could make this whole experience better for him.
"I love you." Jimin said suddenly.
"I love you more Jiminie" Yoongi smiled and pressed a kiss to Jimin's forehead before they both headed downstairs.