ONE

Casa Madrigal
9 pm

"If I raced Camilo while he was shapeshifted into a cheetah, who would win?" Mako thought out loud.

"None," I laughed, "you'd both do something stupid like trip on one of Isa's vines."

Camilo smiled and rolled his eyes, but jumped when an unexpected knock at the door was heard. "Cecelia dearest. A visitor for you," Pepa said as she let an elderly woman in.

I gave a warm smile as I took her hand, "What can I do for you?"

She smiled back, a sad one but it was still a smile. "I'd like to see my husband Steve," she requested.

"Oh I LOVE SEEING THIS," Camilo jumped.

I turned to look at him, "Not the time, Amor."

He chuckled nervously, "Sorry Princesa."

I heard Mako gag and Mika laugh. Light surrounded me looking for the husband's soul. I found you.

My body relaxes when I project a spirit, it's like another realm. I stay like that until I reach my time limit— which I've made clear to everyone is five minutes. Any longer than that exhausts me, trust me. When I was 12 Camilo's Abuela pushed my limits talking to her dead husband and I ended up fainting.

I came back to the real world and was greeted by the lady with tears. "Thank you Cecelia , thank you."

With that she left. "Cece, Mako and I are gonna head home. You wanna come?" Mika asked.

"I'll stay for a bit, say bye to Mirabel," I smirked, making Mika go red.

"Oh shush," she blushed, covering her face.

Camilo immediately picked me up and laid me down beside him once the door shut. "Are you okay?" He asked. Ever since the Abuela incident he always makes sure to check up on me, sure it makes me blush but I guess that's what good friends do.

"All good Cami. Do you mind if I sleep over?" I smile.

"Not a Problem Cece," Camilo whispered as he stroked my hair.

My relationship with Camilo has always been strange. For starters when we were five we always took naps together. At eight there were nonstop play dates and we always helped around town together. Around twelve we had our first kiss— but I guess he deemed it platonic. You know, like any person would— a TOTALLY PLATONIC KISS ON THE LIPS. I guess it was in the moment, but the nicknames we call each other don't exactly help. Everyone's aware that he has a soft spot for me, his usual mischievous behavior tones down when I'm there.

"Cece?" Camilo said in a questioning tone.

"What's up?" I asked.

"You know, we've been friends for so long and I really just wanted to say that I—"

"ALRIGHT BITCHES LETS HAVE A SLEEPOVER," Mirabel burst in with pillows and blankets.

An: Mirabel would 200009% curse if this wasn't a Disney movie.

"FUCK YEAH," I cheered. I looked at Camilo who looked a little annoyed, but he joined us throwing pillows at each other. We eventually got tired and went to bed around 1 in the morning.

Alonto household
11 am
Day of Antonio's ceremony

"Cece! Do you know where my headband is?"

"MIKA WHERE THE HELL DID YOU PUT MY—"

"MELINA CAN YOU HELP IRENE WITH COOKING?"

"I'M ON IT, CALM DOWN KUYA."

Oh yeah. Welcome to the life of a Filipino household where people yell nonstop. Out of nowhere I was dragged into the living room.

"Okay, Lemon, Daphne, Cecelia, you guys will help decorate with the Madrigals. Mako, make sure the food is delivered FAST. Mika, I'm gonna need you to make sure that everyone is happy— got it?" My dad asked all the kids.

"Aye sir!" Mako jokingly saluted before speeding off into town.

"Got it," the girls and I said at the same time before heading to the casita.

Casa Madrigal
6 pm

"Uh huh... uh huh I can understand you!" Antonio smiled.

Everyone cheered and entered his room. I stuck with Mirabel the whole time, I knew today would be hard on her. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah! Why wouldn't I be..." she lied.

I thought for a moment before smiling, "I have an idea! What if you stay over tonight?? I'll tell Lola to make your favorite— I know you love her Lumpia!"

Mirabel smiled and nodded, "that would be nice."

"Great!" I cheered, I'll be back— just let me get mom."

Not even two minute after I entered Antonio's room Mirabel came running through the door.

"The house is in danger!"