🎄𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 ❥•/𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧/𝘽𝙖𝙙 𝙀𝙧𝙖/🎄

╭─────.🎄..─╮
🧸1986🧸
╰─..🎄.─────╯

• · · ───── ·❥· ───── · · •

You stared out of the car window as the vehicle moved, the outside nearly invisible in the midst of all the darkness that enveloped it - a result of the cold Christmas night that had long descended upon everyone.

Michael, your husband of two years, sat in the driver's seat - his hands firmly placed on the steering wheel as he tried to focus on the road ahead.

The sides of the road were covered with piles of pure white snow, only visible when your car's headlights smiled upon that area.

For miles, the area was completely isolated, and though you had despised taking that particular route - Michael had had other ideas.

The two of you were on your way to his parents' house for a Christmas Dinner, and because his work had rendered him late, he had taken a chance and chosen to follow a route that served as a shortcut - except he was completely unfamiliar with the road.

You'd tried to talk sense into him, but he blatantly disregarded it, leading to a fairly heated argument.

So despite the fact that the car heater was on, the air inside was very chilly.

"What's the time?" Michael questioned, making you turn your head to look at him.

With a sigh, you glanced down at your watch, noting that it was almost nine. "Five minutes until nine," you stated.

"Damn it, we're already ten minutes late," he mumbled.

"Ooh, I wonder why," you couldn't help but make a petty remark, causing him to shoot you a fleeting glare. "Didn't Mr. Wise Guy take the shortcut?"

"Stop being childish, (Y/N)," he shot back.

"Oh I'm the childish one?" you let out a scoff. "You were the one who refused to listen to reason, all because you wanted to have it your way. If we had taken the usual route, we'd have only been five minutes late. Didn't I try to tell you?"

"Yeah, carry on, (Y/N) - because your smart talk makes the experience a thousand times better," he scoffed as well. "I don't need to pay for the 3D experience when I have you seated next to me,"

"Damn right you are, and you certainly won't need to pay extra for the 3D slap I'm about to give you," you narrowed your eyes.

Just then, the car abruptly came to a slow stop, making you frown. At that moment, your eyes also shot to the little light, near the steering wheel, that indicated you were out of gas.

Michael remained silent, leaning back against his seat as he avoided your gaze.

You remained silent as well, glaring at him.

After a good minute, you took in a deep breath, to which he muttered under his own breath.

"Don't say it," he huffed quietly. "Don't-"

"What'd I tell you?" you stared at him.

"...say it," he completed before rolling his eyes. "The 'I told you so' isn't going to get us anywhere,"

"If I didn't say it, it still wouldn't make a difference," you countered.

"Yeah, but it certainly wouldn't get on my nerves as much as it's doing right now," he sneered.