Chapter 22-Heatwave

I  return back to the living room after refusing to eat that god-awful cereal.

"Back already love?" Nik asks as I come closer. 

"Yep, I finished eating." I smile knowing I'm lying. As I get in my arms reach Nik pulls me down and moves closer to my ear. His stubble lightly scratched my face making me shutter.

"You can't lie to me,  love, now why don't you tell me the real reason?"

"Elijah tried to poison me," I say over dramatically. "With healthy cereal." I spit out. "I know you helped in conspiring with the others to get rid of Frosted Flakes." I scowl glaring at him heatedly. Unfortunately, it only makes him smile more.

"It's better if you eat healthy, Little Wolf."

"Better for me or for the baby?" I pout causing him to smile and lightly kiss my shoulder.

"Both, you were practically eating a bowl of sugar daily." He argues.

"So? Wolves have fast metabolisms, I burn all of that sugar off. It's not like I'm in danger of getting sick or anything."

"As sickeningly cute as this is, Nik is right." Rebekah agrees which causes us to both look at her. I frown at her before looking at Nik, he was still on the same poem."Poetry about poisoned apples from dead trees. Looks like someone is worried about impending daddyhood." Rebekah says causing him to tense slightly. 

"Nonsense. Elijah is back. In his presence, all problems turn to pixie dust and float away." He smiles but even I could hear the lie. I could feel that he didn't want to mess this up. He didn't want to lose me or our child, for once he wanted to be as good as Elijah, and myself believe him capable of being.

"Strange. I don't recall any pixie dust from the darkness of the coffin I was recently forced to endure." Elijah says coming back into the room with a book. He gently places it on the table and flips it to a specific point in the book.

"What are you doing with mother's spellbook?" Rebekah questions watching Elijah carefully from the floor.

"Well, in exchange for my freedom, I promised the witch Davina that I would share a few pages from Mother's Grimoire."Elijah explains carefully tearing out the page. I was somewhat shocked as to how smoothly the page ripped. "It'll help her learn how to control her magic. Thought we'd begin with a little unliking spell." I somewhat frown at that and turn my head seeing Nik looking rather pleased. 

"Wait. You want to use her to unlike Grace from Sophie Deveraux?" Rebekah asks sounding surprised. 

"Sophie brought us to this town under false pretenses. She doesn't just want us to take down Marcel and his minions. She wants to take Davina back. So she yoked her own cause to ours with magic, threats, ad half-truths. Well, no more. As of now, our deal with Sophie Deveraux is null and void." Elijah states, at this point he truly reminds me of how dangerous Elijah can be when someone crosses him. "Niklaus, I need you to come with me. I need 5 minutes alone with Davina. You need to make sure that I'm not interrupted ." Eli fire off. Rebekah stands and I can feel the air tense as Elijah's gaze turns towards her. "You stay here and watch Grace and Hayley."

"How did I get elected supernanny?" Rebekah's questions growing. I could tell she wanted to do something grander. 

"I don't need a babysitter. I love you Rebekah but Hayles and I are both adults who can take care of ourselves." I speak up moving off of Nik causing him to whine slightly. 

"More importantly, who put him in charge?" Nik asks getting up as well turning towards me. "Don't get  into trouble little wolf." He says before kissing me on the forehead and then kissing his hand to press it into my stomach.