Part 67

Dear diary,
I haven't written to you in years. Life has been overwhelming. I can luckily report Rebekah is home and safe. She was able to turn her humanity on once she found out Marcel shared her affections. Now it's 1920, strange how time can pass so quickly. Marcel had created a play for the local theatre students to preform. "Are you sure you don't want to come?" Klaus said giving me a kiss on the cheek. "No it's alright, enjoy the play" I said giving him and Elijah a wave out the door. Rebekah and Marcel were already at the theatre, preparing. I was fair to tired to see the play, I had stayed up for nights on end helping make props and costumes. "Tell me all the details" I smiled at Klaus as he turned back. This was the only time I could have to myself. During this break I watered the plants and started a new book for Elijah's library called Night and Day. Who knew Elijah read romance. As I sat at the table, I heard a crash. It must have been one of the flower pots outside pushed by the wind. I got up from my seat, opening the door taking a step outside. I walked over to the broken flower pot, bending over to pick up the scraps. Luckily there was nothing planted so I didn't have to do any extra cleaning. I placed the broken pieces on the stairs of the house. I looked up the see the theatre in flames. I quickly stood up. Dropping the last of the pot, it shattered into a thousand smaller pieces. I was about to run over, but someone was watching from behind. His grip tight as he covered my mouth. "Who are you girl?" he asked pressing a white wooden stake against my throat. He slowly moved his hand from my mouth letting me speak. "You know that would work on me" I said trying to turn to face him, but the stake dug deep into my neck, spilling my blood onto the concrete floor. "Who says it's for you" he quietly said. Without though words I knew who this imposter is. "Mikael" I breathed. I quickly turned the stake plunging into my neck, but I didn't flinch. I quickly hit him hard. He fell onto his back. Before he could stand vines wrapped around his wrist and ankles tieing him to the ground. I let out a deep breath, exhausted. I turn back to house, but before I could reach the door his hands wrapped around my throat. He slammed me into the wall of the house. I coughed, struggling to breathe. He slowly pulled the stake from my throat. He watched in confusion as the wound quickly helded. Now was my chance, he was distract. I drug my thumbs full force into his eyes. He screamed in agony as blood ran down his face. He dropped his hold on me. I ran as fast as possible into the house. I didn't know any spells to keep him out, and I didn't own the house. Tina was the owner and she was dead. Which meant he could walk in. "Mikael I forbid you from entering his house" I yelled. He laughed as he slowly walked to the entrance of the house. "Do you think you still words will keep me out" he said trying to walk inside. But he was thrown back. He scraped the dirt as he landed on his back. "What trickery is this?" He mumbled. "Why are you here?" I asked him ignoring his questions. "That's none of your concern, silly girl" he said sitting up, scratching the back of his head. "The more important questions is where is your family, I scared them out of the theatre minutes ago" he scoffed. "Marcel he..." Rebekah said out of breath as her and the others busted in though the back door. "I knew he was back" Klaus angrily said pushing past me, pointing a finger out the open doorway at his father. "There you are" he said standing up wiping the dirt from his hands onto his pants. "I smell blood... are you alright" Elijah said walking over to me. He grabbed my hand giving it a reassuring squeeze. "It's outside smeared on the concrete both his and mine" I said motioning with my head. "Why hasn't he come inside" Klaus confusedly asked turning back to look at me. "Niklaus" Rebekah screamed as a thick branch flew inside, aimed at his chest. I reached out to him as did Elijah. My magic touching the stick before Elijah could get it. It quickly turned around hitting Mikael in the shoulder dragging him to a near by tree, pinning him in place. I know that it wouldn't hold him long. I whipped my head around. "You may not like this idea, but you have to leave" I said to them. "No" Klaus yelled. "Don't argue with me" I yelled back at him. "You've protected me for years now it's my turn, understood" I sternly said. "Not like you needed much protecting" Rebekah said giving me a hug. "Why are you hugging her, we are not leaving" Klaus said. "Klaus" Elijah calmly said placing his hand on Klaus's shoulder. Elijah and I didn't offend see eye to eye, but we both knew what I was doing was the only way everyone could survive. "We can't just leave her" Klaus said to his brother. "Please, it will give you more time to escape" I said placing my hands on his cheeks turning his face towards mine. "I will never forgive you for this Miss Grace" he said shaking his head, agreeing with my plan. "For what? Saving your life" I jokingly said lowering my hands from his face. "No for making me love you" he quietly said. Klaus pulled me into a quick goodbye kiss. I could feel every emotion rushing though his mind as our lips touched. I could feel how much he cared for me. It was indescribable. "Meet me in Mystic Falls in 90 years" he whispered into my ear as he let go of our kiss. "Go and whatever happened don't turn back" I said as I walked them back to the door. Rebekah turned back to me. "Marcel is trapped in the theatre" she sadly said. I nodded my head. She knew I would keep him safe. I watched as they left, running into the blackened forest. I knew that I would see them in 90 years in a place called mystic falls.