Fallen Hero ✔

Chapter 28

"You had a gun pointed at my head." Derek puts his hand out to stop the elevator doors from closing. His eyes rise to Argent's, who stands in front of us. "You could've pulled the trigger. Why didn't you?" 

Argent shakes his head. "Partly because of this one." He motions towards me standing next to Derek. I smile smugly and lightly punch Derek's shoulder. "But mainly because you're not my enemy anymore, Derek. And I'm not yours."

"The truth is that we should be out there looking for him," Derek says. Stiles somehow split into two people and the one ran off with Lydia. "Right now. Especially if he can do something like this."

"I'm not sure that's actually going to be necessary."

"Why not?"

"Because if he can do something like this..."

"He's stronger than ever." Derek realizes.

"I didn't think he could get any stronger." I shudder.

"Which means he will be coming for us."

"That's comforting." I breathe out as the elevator doors close. We stand in silence for a few moments before Derek lets out a breath and turns to me.

"Thank you."  

I look over to him as a smile overtakes my lips, "You're thanking me?"

"Just take the compliment."

"Anytime." I nudge my shoulder into his. The elevator doors open and we go our separate ways. I get onto my motorbike as my phone beeps in my pocket. My eyes widen as I skim over the message. I put my helmet on before driving off to his house as my heart rate increases.

I park my motorbike and trudge my way up to the house as fast as I can. My heart still pounding in my chest as I reach the door... it can't be true? Can it? 

I open it and walk inside. My eyes scan the room until they lock onto familiar brown eyes. I take steps closer until I know for sure.

It's true.

I march my way over to him and wrap him in a huge hug. "Welcome back." I squeeze. 

"Thanks?" Stiles says slowly. I release him from the hug and stare at him. "What was that for?"

"You don't know how annoying it was to be scared of you." I let out a breath of relief before patting his shoulder.

"Thanks?" He blinks a few times. "I think. Was that a compliment?" He asks Scott who looks just as surprised as he does.

"I guess..." Scott shakes his head. "How are you so sure it's him and not the Nogitsune?"

"Easy." I point to my head. "No headache."

"Well, I still want to make sure. Not that I don't trust you of course. It's just that Oni beats headache, you know."

"Gotcha." I pause. "Wait what? The Oni." Just then the door opens and in walks Noshiko, Kira's mother. 

"Do you recognize me?" She asks pointedly to Stiles. He begins to walk forward but another set of footsteps stops him.

"Stop!" Kira barges into the room.

"It's okay," Stiles affirms taking more steps forward. "I'm the one who asked her to come."

"You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords." 

"He'll be fine," I say confidently.

"How can you be so sure?" Kira looks frazzled. "Mom, please don't do this to him."