12: sweet talk

4 hours later, Nami's POV

"I still can't believe we're on Elbaf after so long!" Usopp said" I know right! Everything is huge!" Luffy gushed" I feel small at the moment even though I'm in my reindeer form." Chopper said," we're in the land of giant, so why is Luffy wearing a sweater with the hood up?" Sanji asked," I told you on the ship that we're a yonko crew now and he's a yonko captain after Wano, I prefer to be safe than sorry so he doesn't reveal his identity at all." I said rolling my eyes.

"Thor said Shanks got on the island 45 minutes after we got back on the ground, it's nearly been 5 hours, I smell him but I don't know he is." Chopper said, Luffy giggled" He's here, how much do you feel it?" He asked," with the playful tension in the air that's like a thick soup he has to be close." Chopper said," good point, I feel like I can't take it, back when Monaco was at the party I could take, now I barely can." Sanji said.

"What are we going to do if we run into them?" I asked," play cat and mouse for a while hoping Shanks doesn't use observation to find us off the bat." Luffy said grinning" whatever you say, captain, I don't give a crap." I said" are you seriously still pissed from the lynching back at Mock Town 2 years ago? It was a life lesson I learned from him, I was angry myself when he laughed it off, I understood when the sea king happened, you should too and not send divine judgment when you see him." Luffy said.

"I was telling you to fight back and you got beat upon anyway, I don't care," I said" ok, so you want to see Luffy get his arm torn off by a sea king like Shanks' was?" Sanji asked I paled" nevermind I said that, sorry, but I intend on getting him back, if it rains I'm chucking a mudball in his face." I said, Luffy laughed out loud" oh that'd be priceless!" He guffawed" we both want to, the teasing you told me about." I said when Usopp giggled.

"Your nickname, little anchor, that's hilarious." He said, Luffy grumbled," I am dreading the reactions Franky and Zoro are going to have since I never told them, if he does go blurting it out I'm giving him the gum-gum pistol and it'll feel like a bullet." He said when we passed 4 people.

One of which being Shanks, wearing a black trench coat strung over his shoulders, a grey-haired man wearing a navy blue trench strung over his shoulders, Mac, and a fat man wearing a pinstriped shirt a few sizes too small but didn't tell Luffy" and it broke." Chopper said weakly" what do you mean?" Sanji asked" hey! Who are you?" One of them called" that's what I meant." Chopper squeaked.

"Who?" I asked," you with the straw hat, who are you?" He asked, looking over to Luffy his eyes are as wide as saucers as a wide grin came onto his face when Usopp turned to them" I'm just a humble wrestling representative for afro man here, well he used to have an afro before he shaved it off and we're just here as a pitstop before we leave for the island where the match is at, you didn't have to ask." Usopp bluffed.

"Where did you get the straw hat from?" Shanks asked, a mischievous tone in his voice trying to catch him off guard" we got it at an auction from this random guy who didn't need it anymore, and get this, it's 50 years old, it's a relic man. We cherish the hat, it's been through its fair share of boxing matches, it's our good luck charm and has been for the past couple years." Usopp said.

"Oh yeah, I hope that's a lie since I got that hat when I was 9 from Roger and I don't remember being at an auction where I gave it to you as a good luck charm." He said taking a step forward" we were all at the auction and we won that hat for a fortune in beris, I can back him up, dude." I said fully turning to him.