Chapter 9: Mission Gone Wrong Part I

Kiyomi POV

An orange mask?! Only Obito Uchiha wears that mask! What is he doing here? Oh no... I don't remember this part from the manga. But whatever the case, I must protect Itachi and the others.

"I sense another chakra presence Kiyomi-Sensei" Itachi appeared next to me. I nodded at Itachi in agreement and motioned to the Daimyo's retinue to guard the palinquin.

Obito Uchiha finally stepped out of the shadows, and I admit I was scared. I bit my lips. I could not afford to lose now. I need to focus on keeping everyone alive since they did not know the masked man's true identity. Where was the Anbu that was supposed to accompany us?!

"Who are you and what do you want with us? You are trespassing in the Land of Fire. This road is closed." I held my katana in front of me in a battle stance.

Obito simply scratched his head and sauntered up the road to us with light spring in his steps, "Oh is it? My apologies, I seem to be lost." His oblivious reaction and clownish appearance tricked the Daimyo's retinue into relaxing and put their weapons away, which was a bad idea.

"No don't! He's not who he - " I started. But it was too late. The air shook and in a flash of a blazing red eye, the retinue and the Daimyo were under a genjutsu and fell one by one. Only Itachi, Tenma and I could resist the genjutsu.

"Oh ho interesting. I didn't think anyone could dodge my genjutsu." he said. 

"What did you do?!" Tenma exclaimed.

"Just a technique. Well said." he replied. Then he narrowed his eyes at me and said, "Little Yuki stay out of my way. I will deal with you later." and charged at me with his katana before I had time to process what he said. I narrowly dodged his attack with the Body Flicker Jutsu, before he teleported behind me and kicked me, sending me crashing into a nearby tree.

My breath was knocked out and I must have broken a few ribs. I snapped out of it when I heard Tenma pressuring Itachi to join him in a counterattack. Itachi protested, saying that they needed to assess the situation first. Itachi was forced to back up Tenma when Tenma started rushing at Obito. I shouted, "Itachi! Tenma! He can use space time ninjutsu! Be careful!" Indeed, their attack was futile, as both their blades passed through Obito.

 I shouted, "Itachi! Tenma! He can use space time ninjutsu! Be careful!" Indeed, their attack was futile, as both their blades passed through Obito

I threw ice daggers at Obito to distract him while Tenma and Itachi retreated. Yikes ... he dodged all my ice daggers so effortlessly! Then we all launched a combo attack at Obito with Taijutsu, but we were knocked back with a few punches and I twisted my ankle.

Time for Plan B. I summoned ice mirrors around Obito like Haku and I teleported between the mirrors despite my throbbing pain in my ankle, throwing senbon at Obito. I barely matched his speed to prevent him from teleporting out of the mirrors, and to my surprise, I was able to imbed one of my ice particles on Obito. That should freeze him and slow him down I smirked.

Or so I thought. Obito growled, "You know too much for your own good girl. It seems it has come to this." He created a clone which teleported to weaken my mirrors from outside and launched a fire jutsu to obscure my view.

I launched a water jutsu to extinguish the fire, but when the smoke cleared, my heart nearly stopped when Obito was about to impale Tenma.

"Nooo!" I yelled. I body flickered in front Tenma and Obito's blade went through my shoulder. I felt liquid and the next thing I knew was darkness.

 I felt liquid and the next thing I knew was darkness