Chapter 3

After finding your way back to the casita you found that most of the family had finished eating the last bite of their breakfast. You shyly walk in, your face painted with guilt as you blushed. Fortunately, you had a bag to carry your dirtied clothes as you wore a fresh, new dress with a different embroiled pattern. Something far more fitting for a casual breakfast with the Madrigals, yet it seemed to catch Bruno's attention fairly quickly. However, as soon as you looked over to him at the other end of the table he quickly averted his gaze up to the cieling. He couldn't be any more worse at hiding his own embarrassment with even more noticeable awkward behavior. But, feeling as though you made him uncomfortable with merely your gaze you also swiftly looked in the opposite direction. Luckily for the both of you, Pepa was the only one that noticed this allowing others to finally recognize your presence. Felíx happily opened up a seat between him and the Madrigal matriarch who smiled at you before wiping her mouth.

"I'm glad you made your way back, Y/N. I grew a little worried and sent Bruno to look for you but he said you were alright, but busy." She then looked to your wet hair before continuing. "Please, feel free to eat." Gesturing over to Bruno he moved his gaze back down towards his mother, giving a double take between her and the food she was now gesturing to as he left to grab another plate.

You made your way to sit next to her and as you lowered down into your seat it suddenly moved you forward. You looked around, confused and a bit startled between Felíx and Alma.

"Thank you, casita." Alma said, almost to the air. You then gazed up and around with caution, causing Luisa to giggle.

"Make yourself at home, Y/N" Alma turned to you with kindness in her eyes before turning to the rest of the family. "Alright Luisa, are you ready to help the town?"

But before the little girl could finish nodding in response her chair quickly moved to the door and swung forward, pushing the giggling and screaming girl outside. Pepa, Felíx, Julieta, and Agustín formerly introduced and quickly excused themselves from the table before leaving out the front door with food and tools in hand. Alma then made her way out, putting on her sash before waving goodbye as she exited the home. The doors then swung shut on their own and Bruno entered the dining room, a little confused as he looked at the dinner table which only held one wide-eyed person.

He then gave a low chuckle. "La casita always means well. She just likes to help, there's no need to be scared of her."

As he lowered the plate on the table, its wooden planks and utensils began to move, absolutely loading your plate with the last of every dish that laid before you. You smiled as a napkin rolled along the revolving wood, dropping it to flutter gently on your lap as the plate and utensils followed.

"Thank you, casita." You whisper before taking your fork in hand to finally dig in. Bruno relaxed hearing the calm tone in your voice. He then moved to his seat from the other end of table but as he moved to sit down the chair quickly moved back from under him causing him to flop on the tile flooring. You held in a giggle that was unfortunately still audible, you didn't speak until you were able to swallow your food. Feeling guilty for laughing seeing him use the end of the table to move up while rubbing his tail bone with his other hand and a winced expression on his face, you lifted your arms.

"I- I'm sorry, I'm sorry." You manage to mumble in between hushed giggles. Bruno finally looked at you, face red with furrowed brows before relaxing as he offered a shy smile. He then turned back around to the chair as he inaudibly whispered in a hushed but angry tone, but you were able to make out some Spanish.

"Pinche casa." He grabbed the chair by its handles firmly before lowering himself slowly into it. When he was finally able to rest into the seat, exhaling as he lowered his grip on the chair it swiftly swung forward pushing him into the table which knocking the wind out of him. Now, this time you weren't giggling. No, you were hollering. The volume was almost embarrassing but not as embarrassing as Bruno's view in this moment. This poor man gasped for air as he hunched over the table, causing you to cover your mouth as you got out of your seat and moved towards him.