Three

Kailyn POV

I leaned against the wall,while sitting and watched my messed up team. Yes,messed up. We have no information or stats on team Psykick but they knew everything about us, according to my teammates that is.

"Kailyn, could you tell us more about your battle against Raymond?" Kenny asked, looking up from his laptop. I shrugged and continued to recite my battle to them. After I was done,they all stared at me with big doe eyes.

"Can you guys...like...stop staring at me like that?" I said, awkwardly.

"How can we?! You defeated Raymond!He is the part of gang whose members turned out to be victorious against the boys, execpt Kai that is." Hilary exclaimed as I smiled.

"Thank you Hilary"

"I would love to talk about those people but we have another problem on top of our heads and I think it is knowledge to talk about them" I stated.

"Their bit-beasts are the same as us. Visually. But their powers are ten times more than us and if a proper Beyblader uses it, Bladebreakers are done" Kenny worried. "Why so tensed?We have faced many bladers who have immense power but yet still emerged victorious right?" Tyson said.

"This is a crime! It's world domination!That too of those evil people!We have to stop them!Even if defeating them means skillfully playing with the spinning tops!" Hilary exclaimed, standing up from her place and placing her hands on her hips.

"What's wrong with her?" Ray mumbled. "Hilary,I get it. You are totally unfamiliar with the world we live in but let me explain. This isn't world domination,this is simply a trick to take our bit-beasts." I tried to explain.

"Show me those bit-beasts!" Hilary continued. "Let us battle and then maybe you can see our bit-beasts" I assured.

"It's useless to even try and explain our world to her" Tyson rolled his eyes. "Stop it Tyson" I warned.

"I think we should start practicing. The boys have to get familiar with their upgraded Beyblades" Dizzy spoke out. "Upgraded Beyblades?" I asked.

"Yes. We have given their Beyblades a new look and style. If you want,we can modify your Beyblade too!" Kenny exclaimed,a small smile coming up his face.

"I don't need modification Kenny. I just need a bit of smoothening. Raymond damaged my Beyblade real good" I said, taking out my Beyblade and looking at the rough outer surface.

"Sure you don't want a modification?" I shook my head at Kenny and handed over my Beyblade to him. "Well let's get to practicing boys!"

"Uh..." I let myself voice our seeing the four upgraded Beyblades lying on the ground like they are purposly thrown away as waste. None of them could control their Beyblades and the Beyblades were spinning madly. 

We got a lot of work to do.

.

Next morning

I heard a huge thud as I woke up hurriedly. I looked at Hilary screaming that it was practice time. When I moved my eyes to the clock,I saw it was six a.m! Practice this early!

"Come on Kailyn,wake up!" Hilary turned to me with her hands on her hips. "Uh....sure. But practice this early?" I stood up and yawned. "Yeah this early."

.

I stood outside in the cold weather, occasionally shivering. I pushed my hair back and shook it, trying not to feel cold.

"You live in Russia and yet think this is cold?" I turned my head to the voice to see Kai looking at me. "Doesn't matter if I live in Russia,cold is cold" I shrugged.

"Where were you after the finals? Russia or somewhere else?" Kai questioned. "Russia. Had to continue with school" When Kai was about to ask something else, that's what I thought,Hilary called out.

"Kai and Kailyn,stop talking will you?See this chart and understand stuff!" We both turned our eyes to the chart and read it out.

Practice Items

1: Straight move
2:Left turn
3:Right turn
4:Salom
5:Zig Zag move

The basics?

"And here you go Kailyn. Your Beyblade. You,too,have it practice all of this" Hilary said, handing over my Beyblade to me. I mumbled a thanks and looked at the chart.

"We don't need this!We are world champions and you suddenly want us to go back to the basics?!" Tyson raged. "Tyson,it might be a good idea. I mean, where's the harm?We are trained bladers and surely all of this shouldn't be this hard" I said, setting my Beyblade.

"Don't Kailyn. You don't have to practice basics again,you are the world champion. Throw away this stupid chart!" Tyson exclaimed, going to Kenny and trying to take the chart.

Hilary stumped at Tyson and grabbed the other end of the chart. I watched them trying to take the piece of paper from each other and eventually the chart ended up being torn.

I massaged my forehead and watched them fight.

"Then go away!" I heard Tyson scream. Crystal clear tears formed in Hilary's eyes as she nodded at Tyson and threw away her part of the paper. She spared a last glance at me and walked out.

"Hilary!" I yelled out but she didn't stop.

"Leave her Kailyn. We are world champions and we are not going back to the basics. She is absolutely clueless about Beybladeing and suddenly she wants us to practice amature moves,that too ahead of one of the most important matches in our lives!" Tyson rolled his eyes and walked to the left corner of the dojo.

I sighed, standing up to leave.

"Where are you going?" Kai asked, looking up at me. I turned around and shrugged.

"I just need time to myself, that's all. I will come back in a few hours"

"Come before it's dark" Kai said as I nodded at him and waved at him.

.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets and roamed around Japan. Japan was really like the place of dreams. Everything was so beautiful. It was already dark but Japan had full preparations. The whole place was beautifully lightened and decorated,must be some festival or something.

I decided to go back and rest, feeling my legs almost giving up on me. I hated walking.

When I reached the dojo,I found everyone with a hanged face. Max was the first one to notice me as he waved his hands at me. His actions and emotions lacked energy. Ray laid down with his eyes close but had a troubled expression. Tyson was sleeping,Kenny was typing away in her laptop and Kai was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

"What's with you all?" I asked, sitting down.

"They are failing to control their Beyblades!." Kenny said,anger clear in his voice.

"Oh.." That's all I could reply.

"Kai, could I take a look at Dranzer?" Kenny asked, extending his hand. Kai walked to him and handed him his bit-beast. He sat cross-legged on the ground, coincidencly beside me,and waited for Kenny to hand Dranzer back.

Kai moved his gaze at me and whispered

"I thought you were supposed to come back before it gets dark"

"Oh yeah but Japan was too pretty to come back" I whispered back as his eyes darkened. "Be more responsible next time"

He moved his gaze back to Dranzer.

.

The care he shows warmed my heart.

I told myself that I had started liking him. Was it true or was it the friend like?

I continued with friend like but after meeting him again why doesn't it feel like such?

.
.
.
.
.