Ch1

I got up from my chair and left the room as the maid took care of my dishes. "Thank you miss!" I called after her. I saw a faint smile on her face.

My father stopped me. "Don't praise the maid Historia! You much more worthy than that worthless freak." And just like that he walked away. My father is a scum of the earth! He thinks he's so tough but he's just a rich guy who lets other's do his work!

I took a deep breathe. In. And out. I continued walking to the library to find something to read. "I've read this one, this one, this one, and even this one." I said after looking through the whole library. I walked to the door and suddenly tripped on a book.

"What's this doing here?" I picked it up and found it was something I've never read before. The cover was green with the word's a kings view. "It's one of the only books I haven't read so I'll give it a shot. Can't be any different than my dad's perspective." I scoffed.

I read each page, my interests surprisingly growing higher each chapter. By the time I had finished reading, I was called down for dinner!

"Did you find a good book today, Historia dear?" My father asked me. "Yes yes, it was quite interesting!"

"What was it about?" My eyes still beaming, I said, "About how the kingdom village is so cool! It has shops, games, and other people!"

"Yes Historia, you've been there several times." He sighed. "Only for ceremonies. I never get to experience the fun of it!"

"It's dirty and people will hurt you. Right girls?" He turned to the maids who frantically nodded. I'll find out for myself. "Father, may I be excused?" I ask, haven eaten only half of my food.

''Do you not like it? I can talk to the cook." my father said sternly. I quickly shook my head. "No no, it's delicous! I'm just not hungry is all." My father gave me skeptical look and shoo'd me away. I thank'd the cook for the food and ran off to my room.

I scrolled through the pages of my new book, finding a map of the town. Although this book is centuries old, the layout hadn't seemed to change much. In a couple of minutes I had come up with a plan. Get some sort of disguise, sneak down my balcony using some sort of rope, and go from there! Although if I get caught by the gaurds, I'd get in trouble. I quickly thought of an idea and threw an old book in the bushes, making the gaurds move and run towards the sound.

I started to climb down when my foot slipped, causing me only hold on with my hands. I looked at the ground, then at the gaurds who had just pulled out the book! I instantly let go the rope completly, letting out a scream as I hit the floor. The gaurd's eyes shot my way, "Princess Historia! Are you alright your highness!?" They frantically came running at me, and my foot hurt to walk on. I threw my shoe and one, suprisingly getting him straight on the head causing him to flop backwards. I giggled and got up as this was my chance. I ran off as they called after me."Crap crap crap! They're going to tell dad!" I picked up the pace and soon enough I reached a small alleyway. Panting and sweating, I looked behind me and no one was there. I sighed of relief and suddenly someone pulled my hair from behind.

"Hey, watch it!" I screamed expecting a gaurd. "What are you up to this late, pretty lady." It was an creepy shallow voice, that smelt of smoke and liquor. "I'm looking for a library!" I ripped myself away from the man's grasp and saw that he was some old ugly fat guy. "Hehe. The library ain't open at these hours." He smirked. "Are you looking for something else?" He started fidgeting with the waist band of his pants.

"No, just a library! May I leave now?" (TW: MENTIONS OF SA) He grabbed my arm, pinning me to a wall and shoving his leg there. I then realized what was happening. I screamed and tried to push him off me. I tried and tried until I felt his cold hands touch my chest. I froze, my eyes widened. Suddenly my chest was warm, not because of the reason you may think, but because his hand was off! I flinched and back away.

I saw a girl with brown hair, up in a pony tail, fighting the man. Turns out he was just talk as he was begging for forgivness. "Don't apolagize to me!" the girl screamed and bashed his face in with her knee. By the time he was unconsious, I was in tears. She kicked him in the face one last time before rushing to me. "You alright? He didn't hurt you, did he?" I pointed at my arm and how he'd left a handprint and a bruise. She smiled, "Alright, let's get you to my place and bandage that. That alright with you princess?" I gasped at her words.

"How'd you know!" I cried. She looked confused. I froze, remebering I was supposed to keep a low profile. "Uh nothing. Anyways my name is Christa, what's your's?" I ask. "Ymir. Now come on, your wound won't heal by it's self." She held her hand out for me to take. I hesitated and took her hand. "Miss! There you are!"

I gasped at the gaurd's sudden voice. "Woah, I didn't know you were some wanted criminal!" Ymir gasped. Her grip on my hand growing tighter. "What?! No of course not AH-! I was cut off by Ymir pulling me away as we both ran. "You're going to be a wanted criminal if you keep this up!" I yelled.

"I'm saving you some prison time! I usally do it for a price but your hand in marige is enough!" She smiled. I couldn't tell if she was joking or not so I kept to my self. We reached a ladder, leading up to a roof. "Is this your house?" I ask. She shook her head and pulled me up. "Would you stop dragging me!" I huff.

"Oh yeah." she let go, causing me to almost fall of the roof! "Come on!" Ymir did something I'd be too scared to do. She leaped from this house to another. I gasped and stepped back, almost loosing my balance. I look down and at the gaurds again. I'm already feeling reckless so, I took the jump. My feet landed on the roof, yet I fell backwards! I screamed and Ymir caught a hold of my hand.

We stared into eachother's eyes. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of brown, the moonlight causing them to turn a little gray. An arrow suddenly shot at ymir, barley missing her foot. "Let's go!" Ymir frantically screamed.

We hopped house to house. I almost fell multiple times, but Ymir didn't look back at all, I tried my best. Evantually, we lost them. "Damn, they put up a fight, huh? What are they, like the king's personal gaurds!" Ymir laughed. "Yes." I peeped out. She stared at me, eyes wide. "What the hell did you do!? I can't go that far!" I shook my head frantically.

"Fine. I'm going to let you spend the night here then you're leaving!" I nodded and thanked Ymir. I wrapped her in a hug. "Just saving me from the weirdo was enough, you know that right?" Ymir seperated from the hug and started looking around for bandages.

"I couldn't just leave you there." Ymir gentely took my arm and bandaged it up. "I glad you didn't. I still need to check out a library book before I retur- or uhm leave the town." I almost busted myself out, but quickly made it seem like I was some bandit that stole from all over. "You're leaving? When?" Ymir asked.

"Most likely tommorow." I sigh. "And it seem'd so fun here." Ymir giggles. "In the daytime it is, but at night it's like hell. Come on!" Ymir dragged me up to see this hell.