That's the moral of the story.

"Venti? So that's the name he goes by."
                      ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

It's been years since I've last seen the lord barbatos, these years have felt like an eternity for me. Xiao had kept returning to guyun to where the moon is a star of its own in the sky, just to meet one individual. A carefree bard with a dihua flute under the moonlight sky.

This memory will forever be a broken record in his mind so far as for him to daydream the moment. He had fallen in love at first sight not even knowing anything about them personally. Xiao admired them from afar as they continued to play the flute, not a single disturbance was heard. The melody echoed throughout the mountains being carried off by the wind, as a gentle warm breeze embraced him.

During that moment all xiao's restless thoughts were at ease, the sound of the flute made xiao drowsy in a way. He rested by the sea of flowers too soon be falling asleep. Normally the yaksha wouldn't need to rest there was no reason to, he's was the last yaksha the conqueror of demons. The only purpose of his existence was to slay demons from causing any harm and from above to protect liyue from afar. It was nothing more nothing less.

Once the yaksha had awoken from his slumber the sound of the flute was no longer heard from again. He had woken up with a migraine and the presence of the bard was no longer there. That night xiao was saved by the anemo archon barbatos.

No matter how many days, weeks, months, or years have passed the bard was no longer to be seen. The yaksha will forever yearn for the moment to happen again just to meet them once was good enough.

That's not until one night...

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

A quiet yet peaceful night at wangshu inn, the aroma from the kitchen carried out around the inn. Everyone had been getting ready for this year's Lantern rite, it was coming in close in date. The traveler and paimon would help as for usual but not only for that reason. It was also a reason to go visit their good buddy xiao or so they thought.

"Paimon thinks you should just call his name like last time! Where he appeared out of nowhere like WHOOSH!!" she waved her hands in the air to be more dramatic. "But we're already at the inn paimon we shouldn't waste his time." Aether snaps back at her. "Besides I rather call him in person and not just use him like a genie"

"WELL, paimon finds that DUMB xiao said we could call his NAMEEE anytime!! AND IT LOOKS COOL!!" "So why not do it!?" She started kicking her feet in mid-air. "Shh, we're already here." Aether and paimon both walk outside to the 3rd-floor balcony in the inn, aether had also been carrying some almond tofu with him. "Huh? Paimon doesn't see xiao anywhere, ooh xiaoOoo!!"

"Shhs lower your voice..." Aether looked around the balcony where xiao was not to be seen but surely aether had already felt his presence. "Xiao it's me and paimon! We came here for you and of course your almond tofu." There's was a pause for a few minutes until xiao had appeared right in front of them.

A gust of strong wind released into the air. xiao looked at aether, and right before aether noticed xiao had snatched the plate of almond tofu off his hands. The yaksha walked away to the edge of the balcony railing to eat in peace. No one had spoken a word until the traveler decided to speak up. "Will you be going to this year's Lantern rite?"

"Or will you walk us to liyue like last time?!" Paimon raised a question. A sigh was heard from xiao, "...again with this?" He didn't dare to glance at travelers in the eye, last time he felt the smallest found guilty when he disagreed to walk them to liyue. "Well I'm not giving up until I hear an answer, surely you can watch from afar right?" Aether explained.