𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙 | 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚'𝕕 𝕘𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕦𝕡 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦

Chip grinned as he looked towards the city. There had been news of a new vigilante in the area - one with dark brown hair who wears suspenders, known as the Albatross. The people had prospered under the watch of the vigilante, crime rates being driven to the ground whether it be from fear or being stopped by the Albatross himself.

And who was the Albatross? It was, well, Chip. He had successfully protected the slums, a whole quarter of the city of Zero, from the heavy amount of crime they had been plagued with before he arrived, using his, in his opinion, amazing power of channelling others magic abilities and being able to use them himself, if with only half the power, but that part didn't matter. He watched people happily converse, no fear of being killed or robbed while on the street anymore like they had been for what was probably decades. Most would expect the Navy to be doing that, but instead they were busy going after vigilantes that Chip believed were doing more right than wrong (even if they did do some bad things occasionally), stretching to get power that they really didn't need, and attacking kids who had magic they deemed 'too powerful' for one person to have.

As Chip looked out towards the rows and rows of buildings peacefully, he saw a large blast of blue energy from the other side of the slums with an echoing boom. He leapt up and began to dash towards the blast instinctively, plumes of black smoke already towering menacingly into the sky, casting a shadow over the city. Even from this distance, he could catch the smell of burning wood wafting through the previously clear air. He snapped and a spurt of energy of the same blue colour zapped out from his fingers. Chip looked at the energy now coursing through his fingertips, and with a low tone, whispered to himself, "Basic energy powers, alright, they seem real fuckin' strong though."

As Chip continued his dash, he occasionally shot quick bursts of energy from his palms with a familiar sensation to give him perfectly placed blasts of momentum. He quickly made his way to the energy blast and landed on the ground, accidentally sending a burst of energy out - he supposed that this person's energy went out in bursts when a large amount of force was expelled, as well as being able to use the power at will, just in smaller amounts, yet still having a hell of a lot of power.

Chip dashed through the smoke to see a young boy with short and curly brown hair curled up on the dirt, soot smeared across his face, shaking slightly. He saw the same blue energy Chip had channelled — presumably from him — coursing through his fingers. Two Navy men, one holding a dagger and the other holding a pike strode towards the boy menacingly.

"Your powers are too unpredictable, we're gonna have to take you into custody." Chip heard one of the men growl.

"Hey! Step away from him!" Chip called out, pulling one his short swords out of their home on his belt, the orange on the otherwise black blade glinting in the light of the flames around him. The gazes of the two men averted to Chip. One scowled and one gasped, taking a hesitant step back and glancing towards the kid next to him.

The man who had gasped and taken a step back looked at his partner anxiously, but the other simply stared at Chip, anger tainting his amber eyes. "What makes you think you have the right to stop us, kid?" The man chuckled, spinning the blade he was clutching in smooth circles.

Furrowing his brows, Chip shot a small blast of energy towards the man, and with a grunt, it hit him square in the shoulder, not hurting the man too much, but really just scaring him, just as Chip had intended. As the energy hit, the man recoiled and dropped his blade, a look of realisation passed over his face as he looked towards the boy on the ground's hands and then back to Chip's.

The man who had looked anxious earlier whispered into the other man's ear, and a look of shock passed over his face. "Oh, shit." The man spat. "We'll find you Albatross, and we'll put you in the fucking B.L.O.C.K.! Watch your back!" Malice seeped into the man's tone as he shouted, beginning to run away, picking up his dagger before dashing away, alongside his companion.