Part 6

both pov ig~

"hey aunt may, uncle ben" Jessica went up to hug them both. "peter, oh my you have grown so much" Miriam went to hug peter. she was a tight hugger. "good to see you too miriam" peters says back. "well everyone take a seat." may and ben sat at the end. irin and Sara (Jessica's sisters) the left. Miriam3 on the end facing aunt may and uncle ben. then Jessica and peter sit next to each other. 

there was a lot of attention with peter. he still didnt know about Jessica and flashes breakup. "so Jessica, how was school?" aunt may asked. "it was nice. normal stuff." "learn anything?" "well, the usual. like a new way to nit." she laughs 

peters pov~ 

I squish my meatball into my plate. I don't pay en=ttntion to the convocation. I'm too disgusted by what happened to poor gorden. the spaghetti meatballs just looks so hard to swallow (sorry if that sounded weird-) "so peter, how have you been. you and jess never hang out much anymore" Miriam asks. "oh well I've been good, studies you know." I go back to looking at my dinner. I take the first bite. I feel a nudge on my shoe "loss of appetite?" Jessica asks I laugh and nodded my head. she does the same. She's so beautiful. why flash and not.. me?

Jessicas pov~ 

I couldn't eat my food. either could peter. I just can't help but stare at him. until my unbroken glaze is broken by a messenger notification from flash. I sideswipe him "hey I'm sorry i regret my decision, i love you jess. please forgive me" peter doesn't like me. so there is no point. there is something with flash but at the same there is nothing. i sit and wonder. ill text him later. 

we all finish our dinner. "peter and jess, do you mind getting the cookies and brownies of the countertop in the kitchen please" aunt may asks kindly "sure" I say while getting off my chair. "dishes anyone?" I ask. I collect everyone's dishes and put them in the sink. i grab aunt mays brownies while peter grabs the cookies. "oh thank you guys" they all grab a cookie and brownie. Peter sits back in his seat and does the same. I stay in the kitchen washing the dishes. 

peters pov~

 i look over at Jessica but she wasn't there. i look back into the kitchen. She's washing the dishes. i feel like a complete dick. but i just sit there. she volunteered so she can do it. if she's going to the bitch who decides to stay with a dick like flash she can work by herself. 

I don't know where that rush of anger came from but it was there. I just sit on the table and put my head down. "hard day kiddo?" Miriam asks. "yup," I say muffled. "he "fell" off his skateboard today. he must be in pain" aunt may say. "oh poor kid"

jessicas pov~ 

while in the kitchen doing the dishes and putting them away i stop and text flash. "hey sorry. i miss you too. 💋"  i don't miss him at all. i just- well i don't know. i guess i just want to 1 up peter in a way. i walk back into the dining room and we exchange texts and i smile at them. Peter looks over the frown on his face grows larger. "what nerd?" i say back. i  go back onto my phone

was that rude? i feel bad. eh, why should I care about what he feels? "Jessica, you should go up to peters room and hang out for around 30." my mom says. "sure mom. call me when we are ready!" me and peter  both stand up and go upstairs to his room. i sit on his bed while he sits on his desk. he's looking up some guy. i just go back onto my phone. i get a notification 'ozcorp membership tomorrow.' great ozcorp. i look over onto peters computer. It's a photo of. Gwen Stacey. 

why Gwen. she doesn't even talk to him. they probably haven't even said one word to each other besides today. i just go back onto my phone. "yes!" u hear coming from peter. i don't even care. 

-30 minutes pass-

~both pov ig~

"Jessica! peter! we are leaving!"  they both walk down the stairs. "bye irin, Sara" peter hugs the girls, "Jessica." she nods his head at him. "bye aunt may and uncle ben" "oh bye darling. cant wait to see you next time" aunt may hugs Jessica. "oh thank you again" Miriam hugs aunt may and uncle ben. "bye-bye peter." she hugs peter again. "bye ms drew" he hugs back. 

authors note ~ I hope you guys are liking the story!! the next two chapters are about their night and they think about each other and their thing at ozcorp is on chapters 9 (Jessicas) and 10 (peters)