Sister Acts

Disclaimers: Dark themes, police state ideas, mention of spousal abuse (including rape) on and off-screen, death of minor characters, graphic imagery and violence, frank sex discussion, copious bad language, bashing the fucking Weasley's and Dumbledore, liberties taken with mythical history and the HP real-life timeline.

***

Hermione looked up at Luna's creation, and shivered at the flashback crossing her mind. Harry ... stood on the verge ... talking to Luna about hearing voices ... nearly stepping through...

She shook the memory off, but it was hard. Luna's recreation of the Veil Archway at the Ministry of Magic was startlingly accurate. It was a near-perfect replica. It should have been, as Luna's memory was standing and swirling from Harry's personal Pensieve, perched next to them as a reference point.

"There, I think that should do it," Luna announced, standing back with her hands on her hips, admiring her handiwork.

"It's very good, Luna," Hermione hushed with a shudder, stroking Lily's crown, as the phoenix trilled in contentment on her arm. "All in all, I think yours is prettier than the one at the Department of Mysteries, though."

Luna beamed at her. "You do? Me, too!"

"All we need now is a ritual sacrifice to open the door!"

"You seem awfully calm about all this," said Luna. "I didn't think you'd be so easy ... you know ... going Dark."

"I don't see it as going Dark," Hermione replied, thoughtfully. "These are evil people we're fighting. I know I shouldn't be so arrogant as to presume I can deal out death and judgement as I see fit ... but these bastards are threatening the people that I love. Harry, you, Ennie, Nev, little Cesc ... everyone. So ... fuck them, excuse my Dutch. They made their bed in my opinion ... so now Harry and I are going to put them to sleep in it. Permanently."

Luna laughed at that. "You are so bad, Hermione! I'd never have expected it from you."

"Well, I suppose we are all the products of our environment," Hermione replied sniffily. "At Hogwarts, I was surrounded by academia. For the last few years, I've been surrounded by abuse, violence and death. It's not my fault that I became so accomplished at both!"

"Harry just thrills about it, that you are, I mean," said Luna, grinning. "Celesca told me. She is bowled over by Harry's love for you. She's got a little crush on him, I think. Well, as far as a five-year-old can have a crush that is. It's 'Mister Harry did this,' and 'Mister Harry said that'. I'd say you'd have a rival on your hands if she was a bit older."

"And she's going to be quite beautiful, too, she told us," Hermione quirked back. "It's a good job she's going to marry my son, otherwise I might have to keep a serious eye on her!"

Luna laughed again. "Yes, she was telling me all about that. She's quite excited about it, you know. She was talking with Enola about wedding dresses and flower arrangements at dinner!"

"Oh sweet Merlin," Hermione laughed. "My poor son! I suppose I'd better call him James, then ... my daughter-in-law might never let me hear the end of it if I don't!"

Both women fell back laughing and sat down on the dais of the Ritual Room.

"James wouldn't be so bad, actually," Hermione mused, thoughtfully. "Harry's middle name ... his father's name ... pretty much makes sense from that point of view."

"Well, Cesc will be happy," Luna smiled. "I imagine she'll be calling herself Celesca Potter by the end of the week. Give it a month and she'll have set a date!"