Found

POV - Y/n went to Sam's party, had a fight with her mum and got caught out and thrown out. Now she's alone outside Sarah's house.
———————————————————————
Part 18

As you think more about it you start to get worked up and the tears just keep flowing. You try to catch your breath but it's hard to and you start heaving and shaking.

Little did you realise, that a car has pulled up outside the house and two people were shouting and running towards you.

By this point you're in a trance and hyperventilating and after shouting for your attention, one of them notices.

Cate - "Y/N IF YOU DONT-"

Sarah - "Cate."

Cate - "LOOK UP RIGHT THiS MINUTE-"

Sarah - "Cate."

Cate - "I SWEAR-"

Sarah - "CATE! SHES NOT OKAY!"

Cate - "WHAT?"

Cate looks at you more closer and then panics watching Sarah ahead sitting next to you and trying to calm you down but it's not working.

Cate - "Wait wait it's not working! Let me!
Y/n! Sweetie look up for me please honey?"

You dont move and she lifts up your head for you and sees your red eyes staring back at her. You look so tired and scared and she breaks just seeing you like that. She moves your hair from your face and wipes your eyes before holding you close.

Cate - "Honey it's mum I've got you honey you're safe! Can you try and take some deep breaths with me please for me."

After a few attempts at deep breaths you start finally calming down but not fast enough so your mum tells you to keep trying the breaths and starts to rock you in her arms and sing a lullaby she used to sing you when you were little.

Thankfully, eventually you calm down and your sat in her arms defeated and shaking.

Cate - "Let's get you inside okay?"

You nod and Sarah helps her get you upright as they lead you inside.

Once you're inside Sarah runs and grabs you some water which you sip and relax a little bit more, wrapped in a blanket your mum put over you. You're aware that you and your mum really need to talk and so is Sarah. She hugs you and whispers something to your mum before then excusing herself away as cate sits you down before sitting next to you.

You take a deep breath as you can feel her eyes on you and you start to fiddle with your hands.

Cate - "Are you okay to talk?"

You close your eyes and nod.

Cate - "Why did you lie honey?"

The guilt and pain in your mums voice hits you hard and you take a deep breath but it doesn't stop it and you begin to cry and repeatedly apologising.

Cate - "Woah woah honey you're going to make yourself bad again take your time! Deep breaths remember!"

Soon enough you calm and compose yourself as your mum strokes your arms to calm you. But your eyes are still teary as you speak.

Y/n - "I don't even know anymore mum. She was nice to me. I thought she liked me. I didn't know what to do! Everyone was shouting and I fell and her girlfriend was angry and my phone died and then it started raining and I panicked and..."

Cate - "Okay honey okay I understand it must have been a lot. You're okay now, your safe and you can take your time."

You cry some more trying to retell what you just rushed over and then your mum butts in.

Cate - "Wait she has a girlfriend? Did she see you guys together then or?"

You take a deep breath avoiding eye contact and answer.

Y/n - "Kind of."

You feel your mums eyes on you questioning something in her head and then she says something.

Cate - "So you slept with her and she found out."

You clench your eyes closed and throw your head into your hands looking down.

Cate sighs and asks.

Cate - "How did you then end up here honey?"

Y/n - "I umm I tried to call you guys but no one answered and then my phone died so I walked. But I got soaked and then I found a store that let me phone for a taxi here which I luckily had the money for."

Cate nods.

Cate - "Who was she y/n?"

Y/n - "I umm I met her at the club I went to with Sarah. I gave her my number and we've been messaging. She umm invited me to a party last minuite and I wanted to see her again so I just asked if she would drive me to Sarah's afterwards. But I guess it didn't work out that way."

Cate - "Honey she looked older."

Y/n - "Yeah she is. But she was so nice mum and she said she liked me. I really thought I had met someone who actually wanted me for me, but no. Turns out I'M the other woman this time and her girlfriend was rightfully angry at me."

Cate - "Did you get hurt?"

Y/n - "One of them tripped me up but it's just a bit bruised I'm okay other than that."

Cate - "So all of this, was you trying to get over Effy."

You nod tearing up again realising how much she affected your decisions and cate looks away annoyed she didn't think about that.

Cate - "Honey you should have told me. About how you were feeling and how sad you were. I could have helped."

Y/n - "I know I just... I'd had enough of being sad and down about something I had no control over. I wanted to be able to do it on my own. I didn't want to have to ask for help but umm I failed. Like always."

Cate - "Hey hey don't be so down on yourself honey please. I know you were only trying your best with what you had and I'm not going to get mad at you for it. Im over all of that now.  I just... I want to give you the freedom to make your own mistakes, but you need to understand that this was too far. You shouldn't be lying to go to other places and not letting someone you trust know where you are. Even if it's a friend, they need to know."

You just nod and go silent.

Cate - "Come here I'm just so glad you're safe!"

She grabs you and hugs you and you just sit there for a bit in her arms playing with the ring on your hand while she strokes your hair.

Cate - "Is that mine?"

Y/n - "Yeah Umm you gave it to me remember when we went shopping?"

Cate - "I know I just... you wore it again."

Y/n - "Of course I did, it's yours."

Cate smiles at how sweet your are and then Sarah interrupts the moment and comes down to say you can stay in her spare room if you need to because it's late. Your mum agrees sending a message to your dad about where she is and that you're safe with her.

You feel so bad about causing so much hassle so you excuse yourself saying your tired. Heading straight upstairs and stripping out of your damp clothes, you put on an oversized T-shirt Sarah had placed on the bed for you, before getting into the bed and curling up numb.