Chapter One

The roar of piston aircraft roared over the Peter Strasser, the sister ship of the Graf Zeppelin. A flight of four Bf-109 Ts were in a tight formation around a Japanese made aircraft. Emblazoned on the fuselage, just under the cockpit was the following: "Honor is action, not victory!" Towards the aft was the number 62, in honor of the broken win streak via an honorable action.

But one series of 'inscriptions' was emblazoned under the Honor is action, not victory was the name Reiko Akaboshi. The four 109s slowly loosened their formation before the Japanese Aircraft began it's final decent.

After a solid thirty-five seconds of descent, the aircraft touched down smoothly before the aircraft slowed down and taxi off the paved runway. The 109s themselves began their descents, having done their mission as the "62" taxied along the way.

Off to the right of the taxiway where four hangars. One was labeled by a 'S', with aircraft within. The 'S', by any fan of the Kuro Flyboys, would be the one thing that identified what aircraft that hangar was dedicated to: Junkers Ju 88s. The squadron was known as Striker Squadron, and has been the one think many Sensha-do Teams on the ground feared, especially the Pravda Ground Team, with over 150 confirmed 'knockouts' in the 62nd Tournament, only barred from any more due to the weather.

The Other three hangars had 'F', 'E', and 'R' on their tops, dedicated to fighters. 'F' is the premier squadron, Falke Squadron, having been key to air domination in the last three seasons. They chiefly use the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 A-6s, but now they have the Japanese Ki-44-II hei Shoki to herald in the new age of Kuro fighter doctrine, introduced last season with a confirmed 55 shoot-downs.

'E' was home to the 109 Ts, the Eagle Squadron, known as the 'Screaming Eagles' for their zooming attacks against ground attack aircraft, having been pivotal to the protection of the ground forces.

'R', unlike the other two squadrons, is the rookies. They are given the Bf 109 E-1s, possibly the worst aircraft they could be given. But the squadron embraced the name and equipment, even painting their aircraft in black and reds. They flew last season, to a very rough start.

The Ki-44-II slowly stopped before the Falke Hangar as the engine was cut off. A young man opened the canopy before climbing out, removing his helmet and goggles, revealing a poofy head of brown hair, with the gray-ish, yet sharp eyes. He was relatively built, with more of a lean figure. "Captain. I see Chi-ha-Tan was willing to give you the aircraft."

"Yes... They were phasing them out after securing a deal with a company of the A6M Zero. So we get this beauty. She can turn slightly better, but is slower and can't climb as high. But we both know that whoever can get the enemy in the cross hairs first wins." Reiko chuckled before nodding. "Who are we up against first? Heard that the selections have already happened."

The blonde, lean young man sighed. "We only found out via a fan asking us on how we are going to win. Seems like the girls don't want our help."

Reiko sighed before shaking his head. "Master Frederich, send in a complaint to the Headmistress. Also, any word from my sister?"

Frederich nodded. "She has rejoined the team. She wants you to call back, seemed urgent."

Reiko nodded as he headed towards the office, with many pilots and technicians giving a respectful nod or salute as he passed. The man opened the door and closed it behind him, looking down upon the desk.

The room itself was organized chaos, with files in certain areas and 'non-alcoholic' beverages placed in a corner. On the desk itself, the only 'clean' location, was two files, a phone, and a notepad with pens.

Reiko walked over and sat down, picking up the phone and dialing the number he memorized. He heard the dial tone as he looked over the file with the words 'Viggen Air Corps' on it. "Hey, sis. How's the recovery?"

A female voice came through with a hint of joy. "Hey bro! It's going well! Even cleared to join the team again!" Reiko smiled sadly. "Good for you, Koume. Listen, I heard about the one who save you and your crew. The younger Nishizumi."

"Miho! She's a very kind girl! What happened to her? She was expelled from here." Reiko sighed before shaking his head. "She's at a no-name school that revived the Sensha-do program. They do not have any fly boys, nor hardly any tanks. And she is commanding. Their first match is with Saunders."

"I see... I'll give her a call! What about Viggen? Will they be a problem?" Koume asked worriedly. Reiko sighed before looking  at the file in front of him. "Hardly a threat, but we'll send Rot Squadron to give them the experience for them. Inform your Commander of the information. I love you, Koume." "I love you too, Reiko."  Reiko set the phone down before sighing. "Frederich!"

The named man opened the door before leaning in. "Yes, sir?" "Ooraii has no fliers. You are to take both Striker and your squadron. Falke will remain on standby to advise the Rot Squadron after the Viggen Match. After the Saunders Match, return here. Aim for any listening balloons! You have your orders, Itsumi."

Frederich nodded before closing the door, with Reiko rotated the chair and looked upon the back wall. "This may piss off the Headmistress, but Honor... is everything. And she has dishonored the sport itself..."