𝟚

I can't remember the last time i've been to a football game. The atmospehere here at Sancaster High football stadium was crazy. The stans were filled with alumi, students, and fans from all around the city.

I was on the field, taking pictures of course.Trying my best not to do something stupid because the whole damn stadium would be a witness to it. The game was stressful. For nearly the entire season, our football team has lead the game by at least 14 points. That wasn't the case tonight, it was really close. Hantsville High had 21 while we had 24, the fourth quarter just began and the tables could turn quickly.

I've been on the field for the entire game, I was getting bored and decided to go up into the Stan's to find Kacey. Walking through the crowd of people constantly bumping into shoulders and saying excuse me. The smell of perfumes, colognes, and concession foods penetrating my nostrils. Football games at Sancaster High were nothing like my hometown football games.

Everybody here looked to be dressed for a fashion show and the vibe was constantly changing, whereas in my hometown anything that was to happen would be expected. Plus everyone knew everyone.

By the time I got to the student section, I felt my phone buzz.

It was a text from Kacey telling me she was on the top row. I looked up and scanned over the mosh pit of teenagers until my eyes met Kacey. "Damn bae you put dat shit on, lookin edible", Kacey says as I finally get to her on the stans.

"rightt lookin like she tryna bag some bitches tonight.", said Kacey's best friend, Royalty.

I smiled, I love when they compliment me. It gases me up. "Thank y'all, you know I got to get right when I do pop out."

Suddenly, the atmosphere thickened, I looked to the field to see the football soaring in the air on its way to one of Hantsville's players. They were at the 20 yard line, if it was caught a touchdown would come soon after. Malachi, one of our defensive players was on him but he hasn't been playing the best in this game. The doubt was strong but cut short when Malachi jumps for the ball and lands on his feet with the interception. Malachi somehow gets out of the Hantsville players hands and sprints down the field. The crowd was going nuts, even I was screaming and jumping. It seemed like Malachi was Moses as the defensive kept the opposing team's offence from touching him, when nearly caught by a opposing player Malachi juked him, making him fall. Another came and he was met with a stiff arm.

"TOUCHDOWNNNN BULLDOGS BY #12 MALACHI BROWN", said the P.A. Announcer.

The crowed roared at the unbelievable turn of events, Blue powder was thrown in air signifying our touchdown. This was definitely a news worthy moment.

Cant lie I'm a little upset that I didn't catch that on camera.

"Come with me to get some Kona ice", said Kacey

"Am I paying for it ?", I always end up paying for shit when I'm with Royalty and Kacey, and I always do it cause it's hard for me to say no to pretty girls.

So if you pretty and broke you know who to call.

"No not this time", thank god cause my money low.

She begins to walk down the bleachers and I follow behind her. When we get to the kona ice truck, we noticed how long the line was and decide to cut. People behind us was talking shit but who the fuck cares.

"The-", I was cut off by my phone ringing. It was Albany.

"Hello?", I answered.

"He-hey", she sounded like she was crying.

I fucking hate shit like this. But I couldn't  leave her high and dry crying.

"What's wrong Albany?", I questioned. "I'm just tired of the bullshit bro, I can't every be happy.", hell neither can I apparently.

I looked up at Kacey who who looked like she she was trying to figure who I was talking to. 'Who that' she mouthed

'My girl', I mouthed back.

"Baby I'm in public, I can't talk to you how I want to. Can I call you when I get home and we can talk.", I can't give someone I'm on the phone with attention and the people in my face attention too. I ain't that socially active.

"No I don't want you to hang up.", Fuck.

"Damn she got a fat ass", Kacey says looking behind me.

"Who?", My dumbass asks. I couldn't help it, it's a instinct especially when I'm with Kacey cause we always talking about fat asses.

I quickly cover my mouth, forgetting I was on the phone with Albany. Kacey bursts out laughing and I couldn't help but laugh too. I'm such a dumbass.

"Hello?", I ask.

"Yea?", she sniffs. Maybe she didn't hear me. "I was just seeing if you were there", I replied

After standing in line for about 5 minutes while holding the phone to my ear, me and Kacey engage in conversation and somewhere in between us talking Albany hung up on me. I didn't bother calling back.

The crowd in the stand began to roar again making us turn our heads, another touchdown. We were going to win our homecoming game, after defeating Walkins High and Dirvenport High at their homecoming. We talked too much shit, so if we lost this game it would be embarrassing.

After we got our cups of kona ice, we stayed near the truck and just talked. Looking at the girls that walked by, some boys for her. Suddenly, some girl came up to Kacey and hugged her.

The girl was beyond gorgeous, her brown eyes and  her flawless wheat brown skin. She had long straight black hair. And gosh her lips were full and plump, my weakness.

Pretty girls make me nervous, and words couldn't even describe how beautiful this girl was. My heart rate was definitely higher than normal.

"This you?", she asked Kacey pointing at me. "Nah, you can be mines though", the words flew out my mouth. Like it was a reflex or something.

She smirked at me then walked off into the crowd with her friend.

"Who is dat?", I asked Kacey

"My friend, Jaylyn", she answered. "Yo friend fine as fuck", I said

"She a freak too, nasty lil bih", I'm raised my eyebrow.

That's good to know.

"You coming to cookout with us after the game?", Kacey asked.

"Shit y'all taking me home?", I asked

My momma prolly gone start tripping but I don't care, it's homecoming of my senior year. "Yeah we got you." We being Her and Royalty.

It was 2 minutes left on the clock and they were starting to tell people to call their rides if they need one. Me and Kacey went to look for Royalty.

We found her near the entrance with a few other seniors. Once outside the entrance, everybody started figuring out what the moves were and who was riding with who.

I was looking around and saw Jaylyn on the other side of the gate. "Kacey put me on with yo friend"

"Who?", she asked me.

"Jaylyn", she shook her head started to look around for her. When she finally found her, she started shuffling through the crowd towards her.

I stayed with Royalty, who was too busy 'pimpin niggas out'. I swear this girl could teach you the whole game. Never met a female that could truly play a playa until I met Royalty.

I looked through the crowd to see if I saw Kacey or Jaylyn. Didn't find Jaylyn but I found Kacey on her way back towards me.

"She inside the gates and they not letting us back in.", Kacey said.

The disappointment.