𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE:❝︎Wants To Wait❞︎

CHAPTER TWELVE:
❝︎Wants To Wait❞︎

THEY MET BACK WITH THE OTHERS AT THE ANIMAL CLINICAL. Alaska was nervous to say the lest. She hadn't a single clue what Stiles was going to tell them, whether or not it was good or bad news. Obviously it had to be somewhat good because it was information on her and where she could possibly be. This could be the information that allowed them to find her. But what if it wasn't? What if it did absolutely nothing, just like all of her memories?

Alaska was nervous to say the least. Every time she would have a positive thought, a negative one would quickly worm it's way through her mind followed by at least ten other negative thoughts. She just wanted to survive, that was all. She wanted to live. But she felt like she was so close to death, that if she faded one more time, she wouldn't have the ability to come back. She was trying not to pace, knowing that Liam absolutely hated when she did that, but she couldn't just sit there and do absolutely nothing whilst waiting for the others to arrive.

Liam watched her carefully. He knew that she had a lot going on in her head. And he wanted to ask, but he didn't want to invade her privacy. He watched her from across the room, his arms crossed over his chest as he had a small frown on his face. He didn't like seeing her like this. So distressed. So on edge. So terrified of what was going to be shared with them as soon as Stiles walked through the door. He took a deep breath, turning his head slightly when he could feel Scott's eyes on him.

"Is everything okay?" Scott asked, a frown of his own being placed on his lips. He could see the concern on Liam's lips. He knew that Liam was worried for Alaska, he knew that he cared a lot for the girl, and he also knew that he didn't want Alaska to fade away. Scott was determined to find Alaska, he wanted to help her in every way he possibly could. He didn't care what it took, he was going to find her, and he was going to save her, just as he had done for others several times before.

Liam continued to stare at Alaska, watching as she ran a hand through her dark curls. He shrugged his shoulders, a sigh falling from his lips. "Honestly, I don't know. I thought she would be excited that we might've found something. But I think she's thinking even more negatively now that we have found something. She thinks that her memories are worthless, she doesn't think she's being helpful at all. I tried to tell her that every piece of memory is helpful, but I don't think she believed me." He shook his head. "I don't know what to do."

"She's dying. There isn't anything you can say to really reassure her." Scott shrugged. "You do the best you can and be there for her. I can't even imagine what she's going through right now. She doesn't know if she's going to last another night, and neither do we." He placed a hand on Liam's shoulder, causing Liam to turn his head to look at him. "I'm not giving up on this, alright? We're going to find her. I swear to you. And when we find her, all we can hope is that her heart's still beating."

"Sorry it took us forever, Stiles and Malia stopped to have a ten minute argument." Lydia sighed, entering the room. The sound of Malia and Stiles' voices could be heard before they eve entered the room, the ex-couple bickering about something that Liam hadn't a single idea about. He exchange a look with Scott who just shrugged his shoulders before they turned and watched the two. Even Alaska stopped her panicking in order to focus her attention on the two. They didn't actually enter the room until Stiles finally put the discussion aside and then they entered.

They stopped to look at the group. "Sorry."

"They always do that?" Alaska asked.

"Sadly." Liam sighed.

"What'd she say?" Stiles asked.

"She said 'how are you friends with them'." Liam sarcastically smiled whilst Alaska just chuckled slightly.

"Stiles. The information?" Scott got back to the topic on hand.

"Right. We found the address that her step-father is staying at." Stiles explained. "We can take her there, see if she remembers anything. He's the only family left that dad has on record. Her mom passed away when she was younger, and she has no siblings. It's not much, but I think it could be a start."

"We can't just show up at some random man's house." Alaska frowned, shaking her head as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Maybe we could coincidentally show up at his work? Or track him down during the day and happen to accidentally bump into him? I just think that if we just showed up it would be creepy as all holy hell." Alaska swallowed thickly, her next words a little shaky. "Maybe. . . maybe we should wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow is Monday. We can just split up in town, some going this way other's going that, bump into him, get some answers."

"Are you sure?" Liam asked, looking at Alaska with his eyebrows furrowed in concern. "Alaska, we don't know if you're going to make it through the night, much less another day. We need to do this now."

"I will make it." Alaska firmly nodded her head, though she didn't fully believe it. "I will make it, alright? We do this my way, or we aren't doing it at all." Liam looked at her before he closed his eyes and sighed.

"What is she saying?" Scott questioned.

Another sigh left his lips before Liam looked at them. "She wants to wait and do it tomorrow. And she said we do it her way, or we don't do it at all."

"