Chapter 5

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

My annoying alarm started ringing. I reached my hand towards my nightstand to turn it off. Ugh, the worst part of the day AKA waking up.

I'm not usually a morning person, but if I wake up actually in a good mood then my whole family would be concerned for me.

I got up from bed only to feel something wet beneath me. I stood up to check what it was. It was a medium-sized red stain on my bed sheets.

Great way to start the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I threw my sheets in the washer and cleaned up after myself.

By the time I was getting ready the time read eight-twenty-one. I'm late on my second day for my first job.

I quickly finished brushing my hair and dashed downstairs to the kitchen.
"Good Morning sweetie. How did you sleep?" Mum asked in a sweet tone while waiting for her coffee to get brewed.
"I threw my sheets in the washer can you put them in the dryer after the laundromat finishes washing it before you leave?" I say in a hurry.
"Sure honey, but at least eat breakfast before you go."
"No can do. I'm going to be late, but thanks for the offer," I say quickly pouring some tea into a to-go cup and running towards the entrance door to put on my shoes.
"Have a good day at work. I'm working late today."
"Have a good day." I give her a quick kiss on the cheek "Bye," then head out the door.

I took the taxi to Oscorp because the train is a long wait. I entered the building and made my way toward the elevators. The woman on the screen asked which floor and I answered "Top Floor."

The elevator stops, then I step out walking towards Harry's office. Harry was on his office chair typing something on his computer when I step in.
"Morning, you're a bit late. Everything's alright?"
"Everything is fine. Just came across a simple morning disaster, but it is fixable." I gave him a tight smile and looked around the office for the stacked papers from yesterday.
"Something you're looking for?"
"Yeah, the papers that were stacked here yesterday?" I pointed at the conference table.
"I told the people that clean my office to put them in your office." He said standing up and taking a sip of his coffee.
"And I'm guessing my office is next door?" Harry nodded.

I gathered all my things and was about to head out of his office, but then I remembered that an office requires a key.
"Oh! Totally forgot, I need the keys to my office which I'm guessing you have." Harry was lost in thought for a second.

After he was done zoning out I gave him one of those looks. He finally processed what I said then he proceeded to look through his desk drawers for the key.

It took him a few minutes to find it, but he managed to find them.
"Thanks," I say grabbing the key from his hand, our fingers come in contact in the process sending electricity through my body, but I made it seem like I wasn't a bug deal. Afterward, I started walking to my office.

I inserted the key into the keyhole and twisted the key to open the door. I opened the door and the cold breeze from the office hit me. My office was just like any other office in the Oscorp Tower. Huge windows, a lot of lighting, and a desktop computer on the desk, but it just needed more decoration. I should stop by the garden shop to purchase some plants for my office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was given a pile of documents later today to type them up on the system, sorting them out by dates.

This took me back to when I used to watch a lot of movies and TV shows involving characters that worked in an office and how exhausting it was working in one.

I never believed them. I just thought that it was a bunch of typing words from the documents into the computer, but now I'm doing those actions and finally realized how tiring it is to be at a computer for more than two hours minimum.

I paused from typing for a moment to look at the time. Twelve-fifty-five. I let out a breath that I was holding in. Finally, it is lunch break.

I took off my Anti-Bluelight-absorbing glasses and rubbed my eyes until I heard a knock.
"Come in!" Harry poked his head.
"Oh! Harry, how you've been?" I shuffled in my chair.
"I was going to ask you if you were going to accompany me for lunch," he said coming closer and leaning on my desk.
"I'm up for it," I said looking up at him from my chair.
"You are?"
"Yes." I got up from my chair and stretched my arms.

He managed to put both of his hands on my waist and pulled me towards him. My hands landed on his shoulders in the process.

I was surprised by his actions, but I'm not going to lie that it turned me on a bit.

He started kissing me on my neck, his lips slowly crawling their way back to mine.
"Harry, I'm starving and I want food," I mumbled closing my eyes.
"Hmm." He continued.

I squeezed his shoulders and pulled away to give an 'I'm Serious' type of look.

We made eye contact for a moment. His eyes were beautiful that you can get lost in them.

I placed my hand on his cheek and gave him a gentle kiss. I pulled away and placed my forehead into his.
"C'mon, let's get lunch, Mr. Osborn," I whispered.