Proposals and Flying Turtles

Miraculous Discord Anniversary Prompt - Just Chat Noir and his best bro Carapace hanging out while their girls are away

Chat Noir hung his feet off the edge of the rooftop he was sitting on. It was a warm balmy night and he was missing his fiancée. She had been gone for almost a week now with his father to a fashion junket in Milan, but if her flight wasn't too late, she had promised to come and join him on patrol. He laid back on the roof with his hands behind his head and gazed up towards the moon. Adrien's mind wandered back to the night he had proposed, on a night much like this almost a year ago. He smiled to himself remembering the way Marinette's eyes had teared up and how she fell into his arms with a resounding yes. He was sure it was one of the best days of his life.

Chat had just taken out his stick phone to check on the time when some feet landed behind him. His sensitive cat ears flicked at the sound but those feet were far too heavy to be his Lady's.

"Bro, I thought I might catch you still up here." Carapace said, walking over with a pizza box in one hand and a couple of beers in the other.

"You know how Ladybug feels about drinking on the job." Chat reminded him, but Carapace shrugged, handing him a can.

"Meh. While the Bug is away, the Cat and the Turtle will play. Want a slice?"

"Heck yeah." Chat replied, sitting up while his best friend sat down. They opened the cans, clinking them together before taking a swig. It was a light beer, it wouldn't hurt. "All quiet on your side?"

"Yeah." Carapace nodded, taking out a slice of pizza. "Seems like Hawky is being quiet this week. You?"

"Bar fight." Chat said between bites. "I threw one in a taxi and the other guy just staggered home."

They sat for a while eating their pizza and watching the late night party goers walking by while listening to the pulsating beat vibrating from the club below. "So, how are the wedding plans coming along? All set?"

"I think so." Chat replied. "Marinette just had her final fitting for her dress. It was her design, but my father had his head designer make it. She's really happy with it, but she won't let me see it." He chuckled. "I saw Alya's, though. Her and Kagami are going to look amazing."

"My girl always does." Carapace beamed.

Chat's face morphed into a cheeky grin. "Soooo, when are you going to pop the big question?"

Carapace practically choked on his drink. "Me?"

"Yeah you." Chat continued. "Come on Nino, you and Alya have been together longer than Marinette and I have and we're getting married in two weeks. Isn't it about time you did too?"

Chat was sure his best friend was breaking into a sweat. "I've thought about it." Nino said nervously. "I'm just not sure how to go about it, you know? I'm not a big romance kind of guy like you are."

Chat shook his head with a laugh. "I didn't do any grand gestures. I just took Marientte to dinner and proposed while we went for a walk afterwards."

Carapace gave him a flat stare. "Dude, you flew her in a private jet to St Tropez where you had a bungalow dinner set up before taking her for a walk along an exclusive beach."

Chat couldn't really argue with that, but he thought he had been quite restrained really. The boys finished up the pizza, and laid back down on the roof. Neither were keen to go back to an empty apartment.

"So when is Alya due back?" Chat asked.

"Next week." Carapace replied. "She needs to be back in time for her final bridesmaid fitting. After your wedding she goes back to London for another 6 weeks and then she'll be back to Paris permanently." He looked over to his best friend. "I miss her."

Miraculous Short Stories जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें