Chapter 3: The Coronation

"And how was Horus, the king-to-be, preparing for his great day?"

3rd POV

    Horus was in his palace, sleeping next to his giant tub filled with warm water, half-naked. His servants stood by, with towels and sponges, ready to bathe him when he woke up. The older handmaiden was a little annoyed with him but leaned down a bit, to wake him up.

    "Lord of the air..." She said a little softly, but firmly as he woke up to her voice, feeling groggy and out of sorts, "Quite an occasion last night." She leaned back up to a standing position, still looking down to him as he woke up more.

    "Already crowds press cheek-to-cheek to catch a glimpse of you." The first female servant said with a look of passion on her face.

    "You will look splendid." The second female servant said with a calmer look on her face.

    Horus looked at them with a look of slight confusion on his face as he sits up in his pillow cushioned bed, grunting as his body aches a little from last night's party.

    "Eventually." The older handmaiden says, with slight sass in her voice as the two other handmaidens giggled softly.

    Horus stood up and started walking over to the giant tub, rubbing his face with his hands to get rid of the tiredness. He accidentally runs into a taxidermied lion hanging off of a chain, looking at it with a glazed look but continues walking to the tub, the coldness of the marbled floor underneath his feet.

    Four more servants started singing softly while throwing petals as he made his way to the pool. The tiredness slowly washed away from his sculpted features.

"But don't discount Horus yet either. Because when it comes to the fate of the world in one's hands, even gods can be surprised by the strength they possess..."

    Horus finally makes it to the pool with a smile on his face, looking at all of the sleeping women around the pool and his bed, sleeping peacefully with the sun shining through the windows. With his back to the pool, he spreads out his arms, with a sigh, he falls back into the warm waters of the pool, creating a massive splash that wakes up all of the girls in the room. The servants with the petals had left now and the girls stirred in their sleep, sitting up as they also rubbed the tiredness out of their eyes.

    The older handmaiden claps her hands, a look of seriousness on her face now as she and the other two maidens walk over to him as he situates himself in the pool, his back towards everyone.

    "If I was to be crowned, I might have spent the preceding hours composing a message for my people." She said, standing nearby as the two other maidens walked up to Horus, getting ready to bathe him as he tossed his lower wet garments off to the side.

    "Could the people love him more?" Said the first handmaiden

    "Maybe Lord Horus doesn't think we need boring speeches." Said the second handmaiden as they started washing his body with the sponges as he wiped his face away of water with his hands.

    "Except when it comes to toasting his own glory." The older handmaiden said, with a slight boring tone in her voice. All of the sleepy girls in the room were already starting to leave to get ready for the coronation as well.

    "Many toasts were required. I was doing deeds of which songs will be sung." He said but was interrupted by the first handmaiden.

    "The great lion he slayed was terrorizing villages." She said as he spoke up immediately to that comment, not knowing that Hathor, the Goddess of Love, was coming up to them from behind.

    "It was? Good. All the more song-worthy." He said as Hathor silently dismissed the handmaidens, giving him a shoulder massage, causing him to sigh with content, "That's nice."

    She gave a look up to the sky a little, shaking her head a bit and she tried not to laugh a little. She slowly slid her hands down his chest and torso, causing him to get a little uncomfortable.

    "That's fine, thank..." He stuttered as he moved away and looked up to see who it was. He came to find out it was his friend, Hathor, making him silent for a moment to process what had happened as she looked down at him with a friendly but playful smile, "you." He sat up with a smile on his face, looking at her with a nice smile on his face.

    "It's a shame I've come too late, but here I am, sober and clothed. Don't tell anyone...I have a bad reputation to keep." She says with some sarcasm in her voice as she teased him, in a friendly way, leaning forward slightly.

    Horus smirked slightly, knowing that she was teasing him, "Come here...come." He said softly, gently grabbing her upper arm.

    Her eyes widened as she realized what he was about to do, "No. No. No no no NO!" She screams a little as she was pulled into the water, gasping at the sudden temperature change as he made sure that she stayed above the water. She playfully smacked his chest as they got out of the water a bit later.

"Hard to believe, but you look like a king." Hathor said gently, looking at him from behind as she was laying on a luxurious lounge chair.

    "If that's what excites you, who am I to judge?" He said as he adjusted his coronation attire, his thoughts slowly going towards Y/N, the woman he saw at the town plaza yesterday before his party, His thoughts were interrupted by Hathor, who spoke up.

    "Jewelry excites me!" She called out after taking a sip of wine from the goblet in her hand.

    "Then look to your wrist, if the effort is not too great." He glances at her before looking back at the mirror, as she looked down at the bracelet on her left wrist "The Bracelet of 42 Stars. To remind you of the demons I slayed for you. A more valuable treasure Egypt has never known."

    "This old thing?" She makes a playful disgust look on her face before turning her head back to Horus, a playful smile on her face.

    "How can the Goddess of Love not know what love is?" Horus asks with slight confusion in his voice, still staring at his reflection.

    "It's not bedding any girl who flutters her eyelashes, mighty lion-slayer." She teases, getting up to refill her goblet of wine as Horus spoke up again.

    "I was celebrating the hunt. You would have know had you been here." He says as he turns to Hathor, tilting his head slightly as she turned back to him after filling her goblet of wine again.

    "I value my freedom. Dead animals...less so." She remarks back at him.

    "Well, you have no problem wearing them." He says back, tilting his head, a small smirk on his face, but quickly loses it once he saw Hathor holding up the pitcher of wine in her hand, an evil smile on her face, "Oh...Hathor, don't. Don't," He backs up slightly as she moved forward a little, "That's no way for a goddess to behave."

    "Then it's a good thing I'm only a goddess. Can you imagine anything more dull than sitting with you on a throne all day to help? Maybe you should ask your little crush of a mortal to help you~?" She says jokingly and sarcastically, turning back to him as he looked back at her, almost looking offended at his friend for jokingly insulting them.

    "My lord...it's starting." He looks at the handmaidens and waves his hand a little to let them know that he knows before looking back at Hathor. She smiles up at him, "She'll be there...I know she won't miss it for the world." She glances to the doors, telling him to go to his coronation, which he does and leaves. Hathor stayed behind as she watched him leave, smiling gently as she's happy that he found someone that caught his eye.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: If anyone hasn't read the description of the book, I purposely made Hathor more of a friend than a lover in this book. I'm changing the dialogue a little to better fit the story. In the next chapter or so, I'll be showing Y/N's info and a surprise look at her past life to make the story a little more interesting. Hope you guys are enjoying the book so far. Have a great day and stay safe birdies!

Word Count: 1455