Tonight

"Selena! Your ride is here!" I heard my mom shout, remembering Harry knew where I lived, because of the one time all my friends and I hung out.

I wish Shirley was here for this night. We would've had the most fun and she would've continued on with her usual quotes. I loved when she explained them to me and what they mean't to her, because Shirley always wanted her life to be meaningful, and full of precious memories and that's just what she did.

If she only got signal in the college building. Then, I could finally hear her voice again.

My mom had me borrow her trench coat to cover up for the cold night. My hair was pinned up into a bun as I had small ringlets drop from the frame of my face.

I loved that my mom agreed that I should wear flats, because she always disagrees with me, but I guess this is a time for me to actual do something I want to do.

I stepped down the stairs as my heart almost jumped out of my chest at the appearance of Harry. His hair looked like it was blow dried and the front was pulled up into a quiff style. He looked absolutely different, but he still looked handsome to me.

He wore a black blazer with a buttoned up white shirt that had mini black crosses all over, and to finish off a white flower in his pocket with his usual black skinny jeans, but what I didn't expect were the brown combat boots. His switch from converse to combat.

I reached the last few steps as Harry kept his eyes on me the whole time and I kept my eyes on him.

I heard a rapid clap in the kitchen and I switched my attention to my mom who was smiling really big, clashing her hands together in a quick clap as her camera dangled from her jean pocket by the small camera strap.

"Hi, I'm Amanda, but you can call me Mandy," my mom hopped up to Harry, sticking a hand out in excitement like he was famous or something and Harry shook her hand, not looking uncomfortable at all.

"Come on," I told my mom.

"Oooo, strong firm grip there," she said, then released his hand as I kept myself still standing on the last step.

"Well, Sel, can you come down? I wanna take a picture," she told me, waving her hand to tell me to come down from the step. I moved the dress away from Harry so it wouldn't get between us, as Harry helped me out with the fabric and placed his huge hand to my waist.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, Selena," he whispered before he smiled and I smiled as well for the camera, but his voice made me shiver of pleasure.

"Thank you," I said through my teeth and it sounded funny as I heard Harry chuckle. A flash surprisingly blinded me.

"Okay, one more picture," my mom said, repositioning herself like she was in the picture.

I didn't smile this time, and my mom became aggravated as I was acting up now.

"Selena," she said in a warning tone, and then I felt Harry dig his finger tips into my side as I laughed out while my mom snapped the photo.

"Hey," I said, lightly hitting Harry on the chest.

"You got a good one here," my mom told me, referring to Harry, shifting her attention between the camera and us.

"You guys can go now," she said and let us leave the house. Harry had me take my time down the stairs as he carried the dress from off the ground and on the way to get to the car.

"Thank you so much," I told him, knowing that was really helpful.

"No problem, love," he shrugged it off as he opened the door for me and instead of me, getting in myself, I was unexpectedly lifted up into Harry's arms then placed into the leather seat.

"Sorry, just couldn't keep my hands off," he commented with a wink and I wanted to slap him again, but he closed the door before it was too late and I just laughed sarcastically.

However, I still kept a smile until I thought about what my mother was saying about Harry being last minute to ask me to prom as Harry hopped into the car.

Harry pulled the car out of the driveway as the dark vehicle was already running before and the question flew back into my head in a serious take.

"I just wanted to ask you," I started and he hummed wanting me continue on.

"Mhm," he hummed.

"Why did you want to take me out?" I asked him as he drove out onto the road.

"Because I wanted to," he said and I wasn't so sure about the answer.

"Are you sure, Harry?" I said, and he let out a breath.

"It's complicated," he started.

"How is it complicated, Harry?" I asked on, and I knew I was starting to aggravate him, but I needed to know the real reason why.

"It's just," he said, and now that he seemed uncomfortable, I became guilty, but I tried not to let his innocence get to me.

"Can we talk about this when we get to the dance, please, Selena?" he asked seriously, looking at me then back to the road and I let out a breath myself, then I nodded.

"Okay," I agreed.

I just don't understand why he would pick someone like me.

---------
However, long I stay, I will always love you.