Chapter 9 - "So , talking about orgies is a spur of the moment thing?"

Emily's POV

After I submitted the videos that night, it was like the days started to drag on for longer than they should've. We all waited for 12 days to see if we'd get called back.

We tried to distract ourselves from the wait by going and doing touristy things, but we always ended up remembering the competition and waiting slowly.

It was about 5pm on the 17th of December when it happened. We'd all pretty much given up hope that we'd got in. Karly was on her laptop in the living room, Olivia had gone to read in the garage and Gaby and I were sitting in the kitchen.

We heard Karly scream and slam her laptop lid closed. Gaby and I looked at each other before bolting into the living room. Olivia came running out and into the living room, her book still clutched in her hands. I looked at Karly confusedly.

"What happened?"

Her hands were over her mouth and she was breathing heavily. She managed to stutter a response.

"T-their faces... TheirfacespoppeduponthescreenandthentheyopenedtheirmouthstospeakandOMC!"

I was still confused.

"Who?"

"Them!"

"Who?"

"5SOS!"

We were all silent. Then Olivia lost it.

"THEN WHY DID YOU CLOSE THE LAPTOP! THAT COULD'VE BEEN OUR CHANCE!"

Karly seemed to be doing her best not to snap.

"I didn't mean to slam it..."

"HOW DO YOU KNOW IT WAS THEM? ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

"Yes, I'm serious."

"WELL NOW YOU'VE GONE AND RUINED OUR CHANCE!"

Karly seemed to snap. She stood up, sending the laptop crashing onto the floor.

"IT'S NOT MY FUCKING FAULT! IF YOU WERE IN THE POSITION i WAS IN YOU WOULD'VE DONE THE SAME THING! SHUT THE FUCK UP, SIT THE FUCK DOWN AND LISTEN FOR A MINUTE!"

Olivia sat down and joined a confused Gaby and I on the couch. Karly continued to rant.

"IT'S NOT LIKE ANY OF YOU WERE HERE! THEIR FACES JUST POPPED UP! I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I FREAKED OUT AND SLAMMED THE FUCKING LAPTOP CLOSED! IF YOU GUYS WERE - "

She was cut off by an awkward throat-clearing noise that emitted from the laptop. We looked at each other disbelievingly. Olivia whispered softly.

"No..."

Karly leant down and picked up the laptop before carrying it over to us on the couch, sitting down and opening the lid cautiously.

Sure enough, four familiar, but confused, faces stared at us from the screen.

"No way."

Karly got up, pushing the laptop onto my lap before storming off. Olivia came and joined Gaby and I, a look of utter disbelief on her face, the same expression I was sure Gaby and I were wearing.

Luke coughed awkwardly.

"Um, hi?"

The three of us screamed and dropped the laptop again. This time, we heard Ashton's voice.