Tradition

Chormiya POV

"Odene?"

I walked slowly towards him, my face of concern. Huge glops of hate sputtered out of his blackened body. Tentacles shot out of his back and smashed the floor in front of me, leaving an acidic pool of hate.

"Odene, does not exist. I, am Enenra," Odene, or Enenra, or whatever it was charged at me.

"Odene, are you in there?! What happened to you?!" I bounced back as the horrifying creature attempted to pounce onto me.

"I told you, Odene is lost in the abyss. The only thing that's left is hate, and that is all I am. Get out of my way, or I'll kill you too," dead pixels surrounded the air around whatever the creature was, but I know Odene is still in there.

I don't know what this thing is capable of nor do I know how Odene got into this state. Could it be because of that summoning we did a while ago? Most likely, this is my fault. No, if I blame myself I wouldn't be able to fight properly. I'll apologize after I knock the spirit out of him.

"You know, being omniscient, I can tell you've changed, Marsia. You're not her anymore are you?" it stood up slowly, its eyes bled hate.

"No, I'm not. I am not a struggling child with an abusive drunk addict for a father. I'm Chormiya, the former council leader. Or in your case, your calamity," I conjured claws of ice onto my fingertips as I dashed towards him.

"Heh, you have a lot of confidence for someone who was defeated before by mortals. If you can't manage to defeat a few humans, you don't doubt that you can kill a godly being?!" it charged at me too, his tentacles snapped and cracked behind him.

I did the first blow, my icy claws digging deep into its skin. Instead of blood spewing out, hate splashed onto my skin and I was forced to back away. Enenra, it didn't look like I did any damage to him. The wound quickly healed and his tentacles came reaching for me.

I dodged every time it tried to smash me into the floor, quickly setting each afire. I hoped that the weird limbs could be burnt off but I think I only enhanced its killing power. The tentacles swiped at me, a aura of black flames scorching parts of my body.

"You can't evade forever, former leader," it reached into a portal it created.

Unsuspectingly, a portal appeared behind me and a sharp, painful object punctured part of my chest. It wasn't a vital organ but it hurt like hell, and I was loosing blood rapidly.

"Goodbye," it spoke as more objects speared into parts of my body.

It was like a stake, two punctured my palms and out the other side. Another two stakes pierced my calfs and I slowly lost consciousness. I felt reality splitting away from me, and I was actually going to die this time. Maybe I should just accept this fate, I need an eternal rest, I closed my eyes weakly.

My eyes were suddenly forced open. There was a voice, and a new setting. At first I couldn't register what the voice was saying, but as I took in my surroundings, I could hear everything clearly. I was watching from an outside view, like a God looking in on a conversation. I was looking into a dojo.

"Chormiya Nozomi, stay awake when you're meditating! How much sleep did you even get?" my father looked down on me, a younger me. Around 14 years of age.