i. fresh start

╔═══════ °• ✦ •° ═══════╗

CHAPTER ONE
fresh start

╚═══════ °• ✦ •° ═══════╝

she's been staring at him every chance she gets.

ARGENT, IT WAS a name that struck fear into the hearts of werewolves all over the world

ARGENT, IT WAS a name that struck fear into the hearts of werewolves all over the world. A family of the fiercest hunters known to man, and unfortunately it was Audrey's last name. Such a well known name like hers put a lot of responsibility on her shoulders, a weight her grandfather constantly added to. She was good, she followed the code, to hunt those who hunted others, it was all she'd ever known. But, killing someone, even a murderous werewolf, would corrupt anyone. And as the weight kept piling and piling up, she wanted an out. Her father could see it and he agreed. Johnathan Argent was the best of the best, easily one of the most feared hunters, he'd taught Audrey to hunt from the age of six, after she saw her mother murdered by an Alpha. 

Who would've thought that the same Alpha would kill him too, just after her sixteenth birthday.

With no other parent to take her in, Audrey was sent to live with her Uncle Chris, his wife Victoria and his daughter, Allison. Close in age, Audrey and Allison had practically grown up together, the only thing that set them apart was the fact that Allison was kept in the dark about the supernatural. When the funeral was over and Johnathan was put in the ground, they decided to move to Beacon Hills for a fresh start. 

Before John had died, he'd left a letter, asking Audrey to stop hunting. So she packed up her bow and shoved it into the back of her closet, hoping to forget it existed, and she asked Chris to not include her on the hunts anymore. Chris understood, John had been his brother after all and he knew how John really felt about Audrey hunting.

She carried on as normal, pretending things didn't go bump in the night and concentrated on starting a new school. New school, the thought made her groan with annoyance. So many new schools, new towns and new friends, it never ended. A constant loop of restarting and being the new girl over and over, it was very difficult to make friends knowing she'd leave again in a few weeks.