I

Rons intro

Anouther year. . .

I sighed to myself as i pushed through the crowd of people boreding the Hogwarts Express. I - reluctantly - was attending my 8th year at Hogwarts but at least I was being joined by my best mate and girl friend. . .i wouldn't be the first to admit i was hoping this year would be calmer than the others considering all that happened in 7th year but knowing my luck i wasn't to hopefull. . .

I finally managed to find a empty compartment, i couldn't see harry or Hermione but at least i wasn't in a room full of slytherins, but unsurprisingly that was short lived when a certain dark skined boy entered the compartment.

"Oh- sorry didn't realise enyone was in here" he chuckled, it was blaise zabini. I turned to face him almost forgetting about the luggage i was struggling to fit into the over head until it almost hit my head,

"Whoah- that was close" i struggled, to hold up the large beaten trunk.

" 'er let me help you" he smirked, pushing it back into the overhead. He was alot taller than me and stronger to so it was easier for him,

"well i guess i should go find draco and- "

"Heh its fine just sit" i didn't know why i said that, i bloody hate zabini but i didn't realise until we where both sat down that i was blushing like crazy!

"Soooo" he hummed, trying to fight the awkward air around us

"Sooooo" i replied

"Last year was crazy"

"Tell me about it" i scoffed

"Yeah, suprised your even back here after the war"

"I'm surprised to hehe"

"So wheres potter and granger?"

"I dinnie Ken, didn't see them in the crowd"

"Ah, i lost draco and pans in the crowd so i guess its just you and me weasley" he chuckled

"Yeah. . ."

Silence filled the compartment, it was awkward at first but slowly we both got more comfortable. I was half asleep when someone burst through the door

"Oh! There you are!" A girls voice cheered

"Blaise mate where the bloody hell have you been!?" A males voice yelled, i instantly recognized it as malfoys, i turned slightly to see who the other was and it turned out to be parkinsons.

"Eh? Is that weasle?" She squawked

"Yes. Now shut it im trying to sleep!" I hissed back

"Oi!" Draco called out to the hall "potter! We found your friend."

"Oh- um thanks malfoy?" Harry said "we where looking for you" he added as he entered the compartment

"Great. You can leave now" the slytherin girl interrupted

"Cant theres no more rooms" miones voice claimed as she nearded the compartment

"Great. . .guess where stuck" malfoy groaned as the slytherins sat on one side and harry and mione sat next to me. I was up against the window, across from zabini, still barely awake with Hermiones head on my shoulder and her hands intertwined with mine.

Harry seemed uncomfortable at the far end of the seats, he was across from malfoy who was basically glaring holes through him.

Parkinson was blethering away to zabini and it mostly stayed like that till we got to Hogwarts. We all flooded out the train and onto carriages which took us up to the castle. They where being pulled by large, boney, black creatures. wierd normally theres nothing there. . . Soon enough we reached the castle, it looked conpletely undamaged! Almost as if the war never happened. We entered the great hall and watched the new 1rst years get sorted, it was the same as the years before but instead of Dumbledore giving a long boring speech it was professor magonigal giving an equally boring speach.

"-You may finally eat, but can all the 8th years stay behind once there done" she finished and almost instantly the roon erupted into chatter as people caught up with one another and talked about the year prior.

"What'cha think we have to stay behind for?" Harry said

"Im not sure"

"Oh? Hermione dosnt know something? Thats a first" i teased

"Oh shut it" she giggle and gave me a friendly jab in the side.

☽︎♡︎☾︎

The hall was almost empty, only the 8th years remained.

"Im sure your wondering why ive asked you to stay behind" she started "there had been some slight changes, the 8th years will not be in houses."

We all glanced between are selfs, confused by what she ment

"This means you will be shareing a dorm with the other 8th years and will not be able to gain or loose house points-"

"What about quiditch!?" Harry and malfoy yelled in unison

"You will be able to continue quiditch im your house teams" she reassured them "ive already decided who you will be shareing a room with"

I was slightly nervous, i was practically praying not to be paired with a slytherin, i listened in suspense as magonigal read out the names

"-ville longbottom and dean thomas, Hermione Granger and pansy Parkinson, draco malfoy and harry Potter-"

"WHAT!?" Harry and draco yet again shouted in unison

"Im aware you two dont have the. . . um. . .best relationship but theres nothing i can do about it" she explained and before enyone could question what she ment she continued to read the names

"Seamus finnigan and Ernie Macmillan and finally ron weasley and blaise zabini"

What!? Of all people blaise bloody zabini!? I looked over to him and we instantly locked eyes. Thats when i noticed a faint blush spread across his cheeks

"You may go now, ill have flinch show you the dorms" she gestured for flinch to go.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

hope this was a good opening chapter :)

Sorry if my grammar isnt that good its really late so i cant be bothered to re read it also are you all actually into the harry potter stuff? My squid game fic did sorta well so i thought id try write for other fandoms im in so why not go with good old classic harry potter lol enyway pls let me know your thoughts :)

Word count: 999