Part 2

Point of view : Jay Halstead

- Yo buddy ! Is everything alright?

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Antonio next to the locker. I am sitting on the bench, and even if I'm looking down, I can feel his gaze on me.
I nod briefly, still head down ....

- Jay, you can talk to me.
- There is nothing to say Antonio ...
- Really? I know how difficult the situation is. And ...
- No, you don't. I swear to you that you have no idea.
- So talk to me, man ! I'm not Voight. And believe me, I disagree with his attitude. But I'm your friend.

I look at him, shrugging my shoulders.

- What can I say? Except that I have destroyed Erin's life? Nothing ... I think.
- How is she?
- Not so great ... She feels guilty.
- She shouldn't. And you neither.
- Not so easy. I'm losing everything I have. My job and Erin.
- No no no .... You lost nothing. Erin is still here and you have your job. You are a very good cop Jay...
- Maybe ...
- Not maybe ! You are one of the best!
- I don't know if I'm able to continue ... I have the impression that she has never been so unhappy since ...
- She tried talking to him?
- No ... She never speaks about it so ...
- You should try Jay.
- Me? Are you kidding me?
- Not at all ! I mean ... I think he has been offended by Erin. She lied to him, and you say that better than anyone their relationship. She's like a daughter to him. You can't understand, you don't have got any child. But believe me, it's hard to swallow. I don't justify Voight, far from it. But I can understand what he feels ...