~2~

!!!that is the dress you made for Antonios ceremony. it is not the best drawing but it's a general idea!!!!

After a long lunch of befriending the madrigals and learning more about them I started to open up to them, I ended up telling them almost everything about myself... almost, I will never admit to anyone in that family about my growing crush on a certain madrigal. 

"wait, so you actually make your own clothes?"

Answering the question for what seemed to be the millionth time.

"yes I do, the exact same way I do the last 6 times you asked that"

The annoyance in my voice was evident and Mirabel's face suddenly became beetroot red from my answer.

"well I would really like to stay however I need to do my chores and get ready for the ceremony"

Everyone begins talking over each other with words of agreement, Dolores puts her hands to her ears to try to dull the sound of everyone yelling at once, everyone realizes they were hurting her and all muttered quiet apologies and with faces full of worry.

"okaayyy, anyways I am going to go now,  my dad probably needs my help for, uh, stuff. so yeah, Adios"

A chorus of goodbyes follow me on my way out of the casita, I step outside the casita doors and take one more look behind me, remembering the memories I just so recently made, I finally had friends, true friends. A face looking through a window caught my attention, it was Luisa, my heart skips a beat as our eyes interlock with each other. The whole world stops for a few seconds and we just look at each other's eyes, I was too one to look away but even then I could still feel her eyes watching me from behind, using every muscle in my body to not turn around and run into embrace her I make my way back to the village to finally start my chores.

"Y/N! finally your back! I was just about to send someone to got get the firewood for this evening's bonfire, but now I am wondering if you could do it?"

The warm smile on my father's face made me instantly accept and as soon as I came I left for the edge of the forest, where a neat pile of logs was waiting. sighing heavily as I realized this was one of the worst jobs for me, I groan as I realize what I was actually having to do, the happiness on my father's face taking any sense of judgment I had.

"do you need any help?"

I look up to see her, one of the most beautiful girls looking at me with eyes full of concern.

"oh no, no no, I am doing just fine"

 I stutter, after getting over my initial shock of  Luisa actually speaking to me

"I am doing just great-"

Strain in my voice was evident while I use all my strength to pick up a few logs at a time.

"h-hey, wait, wait what are you doing?"

"helping you of course"

I look up to see Luisa smirking while she picks up four times as many logs as I was originally going to take

"hey! but this is my chore, it is me who is supposed to do this, not you!"

"well too bad now I am doing it! come on, race you! 3,-"

Rolling my eyes, I quickly push off the ground and run even before she got to one, hey! I like to win, I turn around to see Luisa looking at me with a genuine smile on her face she chuckles before yelling cheater, and she begins to sprint after me, it was obvious she was going easy on me as I usually see her running in the streets to go help another person

However, my short-lived victory wasn't going to last very long as I was losing my energy and breath, I started to slow down, out of the corner of my eye I saw Luisa approaching me, and approaching me fast, now I am not usually a quitter but I had just run from the edge of the forest, up and down a hill, and now here I stand in the middle of town and I do not usually use this much energy most of my chores are either taking victor up to the casita or buying fabrics or food for our family, I really should get more exercise.

I see Luisa pass me, go around the fountain, and drop the pile of logs where needed and walk back to me with a smug look on her face.

"so I win, even though you did cheat! now you owe me a favor!" 

WAIT, WHAT, I had just run a little bit further I could get Luisa to do whatever I wanted. wonderful, just wonderful, now I owe her a favor, I hate owing people.

"hold on a minute, there was a prize for the winner?"

I say with disbelief laced in my voice.

"yep and if you didn't cheat you would know"

Her sentence came out with laughs in between words, her smug smirk never left her face as she looked down on me.

"well I have to go... get ready for the ceremony. oh and after the ceremony meet me at my door then you will find out what favor I will ask of you"

Luisa answers while I look at her with my jaw agape, she smiles once more, tilts her head, and uses her hand to close my mouth. Her hand stays there for a second until her mother, Julieta, calls for her.

"see you later, and don't forget, come to my room later!"

She winks and turns around, and runs over to her mother where they later make their way back to the casita for the ceremony... Wait, the ceremony I still need to go get ready!

please vote and comment!!! tell me anything I could work on or ideas for the plot!!!