Panda's Identity Emerges!

Question: Pancakes or Waffles?

No One POV:

"Uh oh!"

Pakkun stopped his movement as the rest of the squad stop their pursuit. "Pakkun?" Sakura asks.

"Hey what's wrong?" Naruto asks as he crashes into a tree. "Why did you stop all of a sudden?!"

"The scent of Sasuke and the other two...are quickly moving away! It smells like Sasuke is chasing those two people..."

"What?!" Naruto asks. "Are you sure?" Haku question. 

"There are no other signs of movement. But..." Pakkun paused himself.

"Let's not just stand around. Let's go after Sasuke right away!" Naruto stated.

"But...what?" Y/n asks. "The people who are left are going to fight each other." Pakkun answers.

The squad was now on alert. "We'll end up taking a little longer way...but all it is for us to do is to avoid it."

"Huh?!" Y/n asks. "Why?! If we do that, it'll only delay our chance."

"I agree. Knowing the amount of time of how Sasuke has been pausing and then continuing his move. It's most likely that he has been in some fights." Haku stated.

"True, but we don't know what'll happen in the battle zone," Sakura spoke. "Even I don't want to do it. But there's a possibility that we'll be irrepressibly caught up in a battle."

"That doesn't have anything to do with it!" Naruto said. Naruto and Sakura argue with each other as Y/n notices something in the air.

He sees some glistering scales as it was coming towards him. Instinctively, he put his finger out as it was a butterfly.

He observes the butterfly as he notices that it's not from him. He could feel a different source of chakra out it.

'This chakra, it's Shino.'

"He must be the one that's fighting."

'So, what do we do?'

"...You're not gonna like it."

'Chomei? What are you thinking?'

"...Take Haku and leave the rest of them."

'What?!'

"Our mission is to bring Sasuke back. We had a good number of the squad. Yet someone who was never with us was able to catch up before us. They're slowing us down, especially since the pug is constantly stopping his movements."

Y/n was silent as he couldn't argue. Shino was able to catch up to Sasuke while they were still trying to catch up. But...

'But how are we gonna do this? Pakkun is the only one with a good scent.'

"The answer is the one that's on your finger."

Y/n looks to see the butterfly that has Shino's chakra.

"I can detect both Sasuke and Shino's chakra. With the speed you and Haku have, we'll catch up to Sasuke."

Y/n's eyes widen, this could be their chance. He bit his lips a bit as he slowly turns towards Haku. Haku looks back as he notices his distress.

"What's wrong?" Haku asks. "Do you trust me?" Y/n whispers. Haku nodded as he was lost by the question.

"I know how to get to Sasuke," Y/n stated as Haku was caught off by it. "But we need to leave them. They're slowing us down."