Author's Note

EVERLASTING BLOSSOMSTOTAL WORD COUNT: 12,079

Here we are, at the end of another book. I won't say this is my best work, but I will say it's definitely a book I enjoyed writing very much. Like I said before—lowkey an excuse to simp for Riki haha.

The idea for this book came to me when I was in my English exam. There are different sections, and one was email writing. I was supposed to write to a friend about a new experience I had and one of the first things I thought of was Bloom by shuawons. This is different from Bloom, I know, but the base idea of flower shop is the same. I basically made up a story where I wrote to her, Lia, about finding a flower shop, thinking of Bloom, and deciding to work there (help it sounds so dumb why did I score so well) and to add more spice (?) I added that one reason I wanted to keep working there was the fact I could help customers—for instance, I 'helped a boy find the perfect flowers for his girlfriend who had cancer.'

When I got home I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I made random notes over the course of a few days and boom! I watched Beauty and the Beast again and this book was born. And of course, I read the rewrite of Bloom, the amazing This Is Not A Love Story and it fueled my motivation in a way. shuawons YOUR POWER 🤩

I left off the ending the way it is for a reason—I want you to think about how a potential reunion of Riki and Seiko would look like. Maybe one day I'll write a sequel (I do have many ideas for that) and share it with you, but for now, it's sort of an open ending. It wasn't meant to stand out or be completely unique and fascinating. I like to think of this story as a dose of reality with a touch of too much idealism.

For the better or worse, this story took a one-eighty-degree turn in a few places. For example, at one point, Seiko was supposed to be very jealous, but as her character is mostly based off me, it didn't seem right. Jealousy for me is very common, but not in the way of being overwhelming and clouding my judgement or whatever. Who knows, maybe the trope will come into play in a potential sequel.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed reading Everlasting Blossoms, my second Ni-ki book. The first one is still in the works, and as I've promised before, it will come back one day. I love you for reading and supporting!