Yule Ball

"Tina, we're here for you as long as it takes

"Tina, we're here for you as long as it takes." Hermione called as she and Marlene were standing outside the door to the bathroom 

Marlene looked at the clock then back at the door, "Ten more minutes and I'm hexing the door off of it's hinges. Tina stuff your feelings in."

Marlene saw the way that Hermione was looking at her, "What? It's not my date who stood me up. I have things to do."

Natalie walked towards the door, "Tina, it's Nat. Can I come in."

The door to the bathroom opened and Natalie walked in, "Are you kidding me?" 

. . . . . . . . .

"Tina and Nat have gone so what do you think hair up or down?" Hermione asked as she walked into the room wearing her dress

Marlene looked at her and said, "Down, it suits you. You look great."

"Thank you...are you okay you seem down?" Hermione asked

Marlene stood up and said, "I'm okay. Slight headache, near a full moon so...antsy. Time goes by way to quickly. You go ahead I'll meet you there."

Hermione nodded, "Okay don't be late...sure you're okay you're not gonna... I don't know."

"No, for someone smart you lack knowledge on werewolves don't you? I just need a minute." Marlene said

Hermione smiled slightly as she walked out of the dorm room, just then she heard

"Flight instincts huh?"

Marlene turned around and saw the always empty painting frame to have the painting of her mum in it, "Are you kidding me? You have one here too?"

"I like to know what's going on I'm like Peeves I'm everywhere. That's a me trait. The flight instincts."

"How could you possibly know what I'm thinking?" Marlene asked

"I may be just a painting. But you're still my daughter. I know."

Marlene sighed and said, "I didn't want to say yes to Aiden. I said yes because the person I wanted to ask me has a date."