#7 Gene Simmons x Reader

I nervously sat in the living room with my parents, waiting for the doorbell to ring. Today was the day I would introduce them to Gene, my boyfriend. But they didn't know how serious we actually were and I was scared for them to reject him, because of his looks and his job. He still worked as a teacher but recently started a band with a friend.

And my dad hated any musician that tried something new. And Gene did try something new. Their band was called Kiss and they wore a lot of leather and make up on stage. "I'm going to prepare the coffee table, I think your friend will be here in a few minutes.", my mum said, standing up and vanishing in the kitchen.

I was left nervously sitting next to my dad, who still read the newspaper of today. "So, what was the name of your friend again?", he suddenly asked, not looking at me at all. "Gene, his name is Gene.", I said and he hummed a little. Then the doorbell rang and I jumped to my feet. "I'm going!", I called, nearly running to the door.

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and opened the door. Gene smiled at me and drew me into a tight hug. I sighed happily, hugging him back. "I missed you.", I whispered. "I missed you too darling. Now I think your parents are waiting.", he whispered back, parting from me. "I know and I'm really nervous about the meeting. Not because of you, but because of them.", I said looking to the floor. He smiled and pushed a strand of my hair back.

"Hey, it's gonna be alright, you'll see!", he said and I smiled. We walked into the kitchen together, where my parents sat at the table waiting. "Mom, Dad, this is Gene.", I said smiling. Gene smiled as well, extending a hand out towards my dad. "It's nice to meet you Mr. L/N.", he said and my dad looked him up and down sceptically.

I was beginning to sweat slightly, since he hadn't grabbed Genes hand yet and I wondered if he ever would. Finally after what felt like eternity he grabbed Genes hand and shook it. "Likewise. Why don't you sit down?", he asked and Gene nodded, pulling a chair out and silently telling me to sit down.

I did and he pushed my chair in before sitting down himself. "Do you drink coffee my dear?", mom asked and Gene smiled at her. "Yes I do.", he answered and mom poured some in his cup and afterwards into mine. Then she got the cake she made and put it down on the table. "Do you want a piece of cake aswell?", mom asked and Gene nodded, reaching his plate out to her.

"Yes please, it looks delicious.", he said and I hoped that it didn't look too trying. After everyone else got cake, mom sat down as well and we began to eat. First there was an uncomfortable silence that didn't really help my nervousness, as well as the side looks my dad gave Gene. "So, do you live with your parents?", mom asked smiling.

"With my mom, my dad died when I was younger.", Gene answered. "Oh dear, that must've been terrible for you!", mom exclaimed and Gene smiled sadly. "We were sad for a while but then continued living, making the best out of our situation.", Gene answered. I felt a little of the nervousness fading until my dad spoke up.

"It's quite tragic. A young man needs his father to grow up right and into a good man. The men raised by women only are so effeminate.", he said, making me nearly choke on my coffee. I coughed a little, getting a worried look from Gene. I began breathing normal again, reassuring him that I was ok.

"What do you do for a living boy? Clearly you needed to get a job quite early to help your mother.", dad asked and I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I'm a teacher for a sixth grade right now.", he answered and I glimpsed at my dad. "Thats great, I bet the kids love you!", mom said, while dad kept staring at Gene silently.

"They do, some say I'm their favourite teacher.", Gene answered smiling. "What about your hair then? Don't you think it's a bit long for a teacher? That could be a bad influence on some students!", dad asked, making me panic inside. "Well, I do play bass in a band with a few friends.", Gene said. "Thats nice, what do you play?", mom asked really interested.