Chapter 33: Remember?

A/N; there's a simple, short playlist that goes with a  specific section of this chapter.

Without giving too many spoilerish details away, it's on Spotify, titled UntheteredChp33Dabi, and should be easy enough to find. If you can't, the individual songs to search for are:

Empty by Letdown (Thank you for showing me this song IronBootNatalia ) ((go read her ffffucking stories I'm in love with one of her OC's just 😩👏🏻))
Demons (Philosophical Sessions) by Jacob Lee
Interlude by Danny the Skeleton Horse
Pneumonia by Dem Atlas

You start the playlist at the music notes 🎶 which isn't until about halfway through the chapter-honestly by what I've named it, (I'm sure guys will gather where it's supposed to start by context alone🤣), and it's meant to end around when you see them again. Feel free to comment through it and read at a leisurely pace, if you want to. You do want to play them in this specific order, though this isn't a lyrical follow along, more just background music for that portion. But the vibes really hit right when you listen during the section that's it meant for, I promise 🤌🏻

I hope you all enjoy the update! The story's gettin' real intense! Thank you to all my readers who have been keeping up with the chapters even when I've been a bit slower writing. I appreciate your guys' patience and adore you all tremendously.

The comments, reads, votes, all of it makes my heart so full. I literally crack up ALL the time at some of the things you guys say. (Trust me, I wanna strangle Kai just as much as you do 💀)

Also, we're less than a hundred reads shy of 10k and I couldn't be more grateful! 😭 thank you all!
Again, I appreciate you guys so much.
Enjoy lovelies 🥰
-Ash

♥️

Chapter warnings;
⚠️ some sexual themes
⚠️ small descriptions of abuse and physical/mental torture
🚨Please remember this story is for Mature audiences ONLY.🚨

***

***

With sweat across her brow and a growing knot inside her stomach, a pooling of saliva in Kaida's mouth startled her awake as she groggily, yet very instantly realized that she might suddenly throw up. Sharply inhaling through her nose and swallowing harshly out of instinct, the messy-haired tattooed woman slid her tongue ring back and forth along the inside of her teeth with a muted groan to distract herself from potentially fully emptying her stomach, and she counted the seconds of her steadied and forced meditative breathing.

Don't puke, don't puke, don't puke-

Eyes clenched shut and muscles fighting the unexpected tension of her abdomen, Kaida continued breathing away the sudden wave of nausea, calming herself through the agonizingly long seconds that passed while she did her best to regain her wits upon being so horribly awakened, but before she could even begin gathering her own thoughts, a softened, low whimper sounded from beside her, immediately capturing her full attention. Kaida's body froze as she blinked to the side, suddenly realizing where she was as a flash of memories from the night before played behind her eyes.

"Tsuki?" She whispered after sucking in a deep breath to make sure that her sudden urge to vomit had subsided enough to speak.

The sounds from the male beside her seemed to only build in worrying nature with the lack of verbal response from the still slumbering ash-blonde. His tired whimpers became deeper groans and uneasy whines sounded out between panting breaths as his brow furrowed in the light of the morning sun peeking through the window.