〰 Fertilizing A Pumpkin Patch 〰 // s.r, b.b

Author:
omgspnfanfiction

Site:
AO3

Relationship:
Steve Rogers x Reader, Bucky Barnes x Reader, Steve Rogers x Reader x Bucky Barnes

Summary:
Y/n has never been allowed to join her father and psuedo uncle in picking out pumpkins for Halloween. A tradition that has been going on for years, but the time has finally come for her to join them and learn how to pick out the very best pumpkins. What she doesn't realize is the tradition is actually a sex game that Steve and Bucky play together, one she was never mature enough to play, until now.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Sweetheart today is a special day. Do you know what we're gonna do?" Your father asks you as you sit down in between him and your uncle Bucky on the couch.

"No, daddy, what?"

"It's pumpkin day" Bucky answered, his smile getting wider. This day always seemed to make him happier, and you never understood why. Though you hadn't ever been allowed to go, so maybe there was more to it than you thought.

"Oh really, already? Well, I know you'll pick the best ones for us to carve, you always do" You said, smiling up at your dad and pseudo uncle. He wasn't actually related to you, but he had been your dad's best friend since childhood, and you'd grown up around him. They were as close as could be, making him an ever-constant presence in your life. He even slept over from time to time and for some reason, they always shared a bed when he did. Though, you thought they shared because of Uncle Bucky's nightmares as sometimes you heard strange noises if you approached the door late at night. You figured dad was a good friend, inviting him so he wasn't alone and soothing him through the horrible dreams, he was good at comforting people. You never brought it up though, as you didn't want your uncle to get embarrassed or feel scared again.

"I'm glad you trust us to choose right, princess, but this year we're taking you with us." Your dad told you, surprising you completely. "You ready to help pick out pumpkins for Halloween?"

"Really daddy?! I get to finally come and help. You never let me go before" You felt like you could fly out of your seat with the excited energy that began circulating inside you at the news.

"You weren't old enough before but now I think you've reached an age where you can be trusted with such important traditions and come with us" Daddy said smiling at your badly concealed enthusiasm. His words fill you with a warmth you couldn't explain, happy that your daddy trusted you so.

"But don't you just go to the store and buy them?" You asked, still curious about everything even if you didn't necessarily need to know how it happened.

"No, doll we don't. We like to get our pumpkins a different way. The ones at the store aren't as fresh and pumpkins have to be picked a certain way. Don't worry, we'll show you the proper technique. You're a mature young lady now and need to know these things." Bucky answered, watching as you nod along, taking in the new information. Unable to believe that you were finally getting to participate in this tradition. Daddy had always gone to pick out pumpkins without you, only taking Bucky along with him, and no matter how much you begged, they still never took you.

Even though, Halloween had always been your favorite holiday. It was something your dad, uncle Bucky and you shared. It was spent together, doing everything that was even remotely festive. From decorating the house to baking all sorts of themed treats to scary horror films and the classic Disney ones. Anything was allowed and encouraged, except for picking out pumpkins. You didn't understand, you were a good girl and had always done your best to help your daddy and uncle Bucky, why wouldn't they want your help. It made no sense.