Hopefully A Better Day

The next morning came around and I woke up to the sound of the alarm sounding from the intercom. 

Yawning, I stretched my arms above my head and my legs as far as I could, enjoying the pops coming from my stiff bones. 

I flipped my covers off of me and lifted myself off of my bed. Throwing my covers above my pillow, my bed was officially made. 

Shuffling around my room, I grabbed some clothes and underwear to bring down to the showers with me so I can change after my shower. Grabbing my toiletries and my towels, I walked out of my room. 

Walking down the hallway like I always did, I glanced over my shoulder where the solitary rooms would be. I hoped Illyana was okay. 

I've never been in solitary before, but I knew that Illyana has been in there so much that I couldn't count on my hands anymore. I wondered what it was doing to her, being in solitary. I knew that hardened criminals have broken because of solitary, but Illy was a teen. And a mentally scared at that. 

Reaching the shower door, I opened it and went over the locker area. Dropping of my clean clothes, I changed out of my pajamas before wrapping my towel around me. I went over to the toilets to relieve myself before going over to the sink to wash my hands and brush my teeth. 

Once I was done with that, I went over the showers and put the water on as hot as I could. I couldn't wait to scrub my skin off of yesterday's awful incidents. 

No one else had come in as of yet. It wasn't weird since some get the motivation to move from bed later than others. 

Tugging off my towel, I put it on the hook next to me and feeling the water, it was definitely hot enough. The hot water was joyous on my skin and helped me warm up since it's always cold in here. 

I started off with conditioning the ends of my hair since I washed it yesterday. After that, I began scrubbing soap everywhere on my skin and taking my time with it. 

No one still hasn't come inside the showers as of yet. Maybe Illyana was getting her things for a shower before coming down...or maybe she was still in solitary. 

I was done and rinsing off before I knew it. It was strange that Rahne still hasn't arrived or at least Dani. Shaking it off, I decided not to worry about it until I went to the cafeteria to see if they were there instead. 

I turned off the water, I ringed my hair of the excess water. Wrapping my towel around me, I walked over the locker where my clothes were at. Once I reached my space, I grabbed my other towel for my hair off the bench and wrapped my hair into it. 

The door opened and I looked to see who it was. I deflated slightly when I saw it was Rahne. Not the person I was worrying about. 

"Good morning." I greeted. She gave me a half smile, "Morning." She walked over to her usual place by the lockers, placing her things down before starting to undress. 

"Have you seen Illyana yet?" I asked, my worry getting the best of me. 

Rahne looked over to me and shook her head, "No, I haven't seen her yet. I think she's still in solitary." I nodded in response. I thought that might have happened. "Thanks." 

"You're welcome." She said and walked away, going to the toilets or the showers. 

Maybe I can try to sneak by solitary to see if she'll talk to me and if she's okay after last night. 

Taking my towel off, I began to put my clothes on. After tying my shoes, I took my brush through my hair while it was still wettish and put some product in to make it retain my natural curls.