𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑂𝑁𝐸: 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐸𝑉𝐸𝐴𝐿

CHAPTER ONE: THE REVEAL

"Stop swinging and calling!" Brooke scolded a boy on the other end of her phone call

"I'm not!"

"Oh yeah? What's that noise then?" Brooke waited for a reply.

"I'm on the edge of a really tall building," Peter, the boy, explained. "It's really windy."

"Did you bring a jacket?" Brooke couldn't help but worry about Peter Parker. He was the boy she has been babysitting since... well, since forever.

"The suit kinda has a built-in heating system, Brooke," Peter sighed.

"Sorry, I forget how high-tech your stuff is," Brooke mumbled as she placed the missing cog into her mother's old watch. "Do me a favor, go easy on poor MJ. She's never swung in her life."

"No promises," Peter stood up on the ledge of a building and stretched. "I'm really nervous for this date."

"You'll do great. Remember, she likes Peter Parker, not Spider-Man. Don't show off with dangerous tricks."

"She doesn't like Spider-Man?" Peter creased his eyebrows in worry.

"Of course she likes Spider-Man, I just meant that she didn't fall for Spider-Man, she fell for you," Brooke soothed his worries by backtracking her words.

"Thanks, Brooke," Peter said genuinely.

"No problem, Peter P," Brooke pulled out his little nickname. "Call me when you guys are done. I want to hear everything."

"Alright, talk to you later," Peter rolled his eyes. "Bye."

"Bye," Brooke drew out her goodbye until the teenager hung up. She set her phone on the table and bent down to peer through the magnifying glass to assess her work. Once she came to the conclusion that the watch was fixed, she screwed the back on and flipped it over to look at the face.