Chapter 11

Ella walked to the edge of the forest and smiled softly as Maple followed Nakita into the kingdom. She slipped back into the trees and smiled softly as she made her way back to the cabin. She was filled with peace and she took her time walking back. She stopped to watch some baby animals run around the forest ground occasionally as well as watch how the light broke through the leaves and cast light through the darkness. She had to remind herself there was always a bright side to everything, no matter how dark it seemed at times.

Nakita crouched down into the bushes with Maple right under her. She waited and the moment someone opened the door she grabbed Maple by the scruff and slipped into the castle undetected. She stayed to the shadows and sniffed the air. Catching the scent she wanted she followed it while making sure she stayed hidden.

Prince Luke opened his door and flopped down on his bed with a groan. He was so exhausted from the workout he had done plus he was tired. Every free moment he was trying to search for the cabin in the forest to no avail. It frustrated and amazed him at the same time how he kept becoming lost in the forest and yet he was suppose to be the best tracker in the kingdom.

He felt a thud and some movement on his bed and groaned, "Max off," he said without opening his eyes. The movement came closer then he felt a rough wet small tongue on his face. He opened his eyes and gasped, staring down at him was a small red fox. "MAPLE!" He shouted as he picked up the small fox and hugged it tightly. He looked around to see Nakita on the foot of his bed curled up asleep with her ears still remaining alert.

A herd of elephants came rushing toward his room and she remained laying down on the bed. "What are you shouting about?" North asked reaching Lucian's room first.

"Look," Luke beamed holding up Maple. "I got a surprise visitor."

"How?" Axel asked then smiled when Luke pointed to the sleeping wolf on his bed, "Nakita."

"This is a wonderful surprise," Kota smiled. "So is Ella here?" Nakita raised her head, snorted then laid her head back down. "I take it as a no then."

"I'm glad to see that Maple is doing so well," Luke smiled as the fox cub ran around the bed then rubbed all over Luke. "It's like a different fox now."

"It's a playful little thing," Axel smiled watching the fox play around with Luke. "Maybe we can follow Nakita back into the forest to thank Ella properly for the visit." Nakita raised her head, growled, then laid back down. "I guess not."

"But," Luke pouted, "I want to make sure she is okay."

"I really would like to make sure her wounds are okay," Sean said nodding.

"Guys, she has to be okay if she sent Nakita with Maple for this visit," Axel shook his head. "She wouldn't have asked Nakita to escort Maple here if she wasn't okay."

"True," North nodded.

Just then Nakita stood on high alert startling everyone. She grabbed Maple by the scruff and took off out of the room.

"WOLF!" A few guards shouted in alarm.

"LEAVE IT ALONE!" Axel shouted taking off after Luke who was following Nakita. "ONE HAIR ON THAT WOLF IS HARMED AND I'LL HAVE YOUR HEADS!" The rest rushed to follow them.

"Sirs," A guard said falling into the hallway. "The lady escaped! She harmed Steve and stole his keys."

"FUCK!" Raven shouted then started cussing in Russian.

"I have Steve," Olivia said appearing out of nowhere. "He will be okay."

"Da," Raven nodded as he rushed out the door to find the rest of the group. The bitch wasn't going to survive this time. He didn't care, if his kitten had one scratch on her, the bitch will die.

The group followed Nakita through the trees who was still on high alert. She approached a tree and growled. A full grown fox appeared through some leaves and Nakita lowered Maple to the ground. The mom grabbed Maple and disappeared back into the hidden hole. Nakita looked around, let out a howl and then when another howl filled the air she took off again. She walked instead of rushed though, which confused the group but they followed carefully behind.

"Where is that wind coming from?" North asked as the breeze suddenly picked up around them.

"I don't know," Kota shook his head as looked around. "There's no storm coming and look around us, all the animals are hiding."

"What is going on?" Luke asked, "where are we?"

"We're being led to something important," Axel said watching everything around them carefully. "Stop," he held his hand up causing everyone to freeze.

There in a clearing stood Ella and her stepmother.