00 : Prologue

A PAIR OF emerald green eyes mets the eyes of a grubby gypsy inside her tent on a narrow road.

Even though she was dressed in baggy clothes, her pair of natural green eyes and her long silky silver hair piques the interest of a lady who was just passing by.

"Miss, subukan mo ang aking kakayahan. Kaya kong basahin ang iyong kapalaran," the gypsy woman said .

The lady looked at the gypsy with a lifeless gaze before she sighed and placed her expensive handbag on the table with black sheets and a crystal ball on the center, just like how a gypsy like her, or should we call her a fortune teller; should have.

She was looking straight at the crystal ball which is clearly not made of crystal but a plexiglass and she immediately knew that she'll get scammed.

Well, I have nothing left to do, it wouldn't hurt to play with her a little.

The lady thought.

The fortune teller smiled behind her black mask which was covering her nose and mouth and her black veil that covers her hair.

The lady thought that maybe, she is in her late twenties. She must be a beauty if she'll dress up.

She shrugged the thought off and sat on her seat properly.

"Ako si Rhoda at babasahin ko ang iyong kapalaran. Ano ang iyong pangalan?"

"Ria," the lady answered.

"Oh siya at sisimulan na natin." The fortune teller announced as she took a stack of tarot cards from her bag.

She immediately shuffled them and spread them across the table in two rows.

Demetria just looked at her while she was reciting something that she couldn't understand. The fortune teller even lowered the curtains behind her to block the light from outside and started lighting up the black candles around her.

"Pumili ka ng tatlo," the fortune teller said.

Demetria was hesitant at first but she slide her long fingers on the cards before she pulled three of them.

She was supposed to say something when the fortune teller placed her index finger on her lips silencing her.

She took the card that Demetria pulled out first and showed it to her.

Demetria's lips gaped when she saw the card.

It was the Death card.

Is this... supposed to be bad?

"Death card. Ito ang iyong unang napili. Ito ay sumisimbolo ng nalalapit na kamatayan o nalalapit na pagtatapos ng isang bagay," the fortune teller explained.

"But-"

"Hep! Hindi pa ako tapos," she cuts her off. "Maaaring ito rin ay sumisimbolo ng nalalapit na pangyayaring maaaring makapagpabago sa daloy ng iyong kapalaran."

Demetria was feeling uneasy while looking at the remaining cards.

The first one was alarming, sana ay maganda ang magiging resulta ng dalawa pang naiwan.

Itinaas ng fortune teller ang pangalawang card.

It was the Wheel of Fortune.

"Ang card na ito ay nagsisimbolo ng hindi maiiwasang kapalaran."

"Anong kapalaran ba, Rhoda?"

The fortune teller placed her index finger at her chin and acted like she was thinking.