Chapter 2 - Routine

A new day has come, some say it's for the new beginning of life. Well, it's a new beggining for sure but not for me, for me everyday has been the same. I would jump out of bed, then do my thing in the adjoining bathroom of my bedroom, after that I would fix something for breakfast which usually is just something of a smoothie or coffee whichever I feel eating or drinking that day because I can't handle heavy intake of food in the mornings and today I choose coffee. I would also sit around on my office for a few minutes checking on my schedule for the day and oversee current presentations for the clients that we have at the moment.

After my parents died I was left to manage the share of the partnership that my dad has in the Interior Design firm that he built with his bestfriend Timothy Higgins which is called C-H Interiors. I was only 18 at that time and has only graduated high school when Uncle Timothy proposed that I can still help in the company part-time while going through college and that he will give my father's position to me after I gradutated and got my master's.

I was no longer a minor at that time and I did not need any guardianship from someone, not that there will be actually a someone because as far as I know I don't have any close relatives to go to. So I was left with our house and our family lawyer said that I am entitled to an enheritance when I turn 21 and that I would also have rights on my father's company with Uncle Tim. That is why I went with Uncle Tim's proposal because I know he is a good man and he's all I have left and the company.

Going out from my home office after compiling my list of to-do's for the day, I returned to my bedroom to change from my pajama's into my running clothes. I go running every morning for thirty minutes to one hour depending on the weather and since it's nice and sunny out today I'll go with the one-hour run. I ran my way to the park just a few blocks away from the house, doing a few laps around it passing by the pond with ducks walking around or sticking their bum in the water and the trees that lines parallel to the pathway with morning joggers passing by as well. 

*Riiinggg! Riiinggg!

"Yeah? Curtis speaking." I stopped my jog and sat on the bench beside the pathway overlooking the other side of the pond and answered the call.

"Good morning Miss Curtis. It's Karen. I'd like to remind you of the meeting later at 10 am with Mr. Stark about the revisions of the designs for his hotel. The presentation is already finished, I can send that draft to your email of you want to check it." my assistant said. 

"Prepare the conference room 1, we'll have the meeting there. Double check the scale models and swatches when you get to the office. You don't need to send it to my email, i'll be there in an hour and thirty minutes at most to check the final presentation." I usually go in the office at 9:30 am but since we have this important meeting I should be there earlier and well, my staff or atleast my assistant should be there earlier than me. 

"Okay Izz. And by the way Mr. Higgins' assistant called me, she said he will not be availble today because he's not feeling well." 

"Okay." I answered and hung up and dialed Uncle Tim's personal phone number. 

"Hello?" He answered after a few rings.

"Hi Uncle, it's Izzabel. Cassie called Karen, she said you're not feeling well. What happened? I can pass by at your house, have you had your breakfast?" I asked.