Chapter 10

Bucky wasn't sure who fired first―the Bishop or Agent Ross―but he knew a gun went off and suddenly they were diving behind a stack of crates for cover. At the end of the hall, he heard Agent Ross shout and hastily pulled his backpack over his shoulder to grab his gun and hide the egg.

"How'd he find us?" Bucky demanded, glancing up at the Bishop.

"I followed you," she said. She fired two shots around the corner of the crates and dropped back. "He must have followed me."

"You're really losing your touch," Bucky muttered.

She turned and scowled at him, continuing to fire at the oncoming agents. Behind him, Wilson jumped and Bucky turned at the sound of a gun. With a frown, he watched Wilson join him and the Bishop in shooting at Agent Ross and his squad.

"I thought you were on their side," Bucky said as the Bishop ripped his gun from his hands and shoved her empty one at him. Bucky didn't even blink.

"I am on their side," Wilson grumbled, glancing down at where Bucky was crouched at the Bishop's feet, reloading her gun. "They shot at me first."

As Bucky leaned around the corner with the Bishop's reloaded gun in hand, he aimed for Agent Ross's head and cursed when he missed. Above him, the Bishop snorted amusedly and snatched her gun back from him.

"We can't hold them off," Wilson said. "How are we getting out of here?"

Bucky's eyes drifted towards the car and he glanced up at the Bishop. She nodded.

"We're taking the Benz," he told Wilson with a grin.

Wilson frowned. "I don't think that's gonna make it up the stairs."

With a roll of his eyes, Bucky slung his backpack over his shoulder and stayed down.

"It's not going up the stairs," he told Wilson. He passed the Bishop his second gun and turned to Wilson. "Cover us."

While Bucky ducked and darted over to the Mercedes, the Bishop followed. The agents that Wilson missed, the Bishop took out, and Bucky dove towards the car.

He dropped his backpack in the passenger seat and moved to the front of the car where the hand crank was. As he cranked, the Bishop climbed in the front seat and Wilson dove in the back. Ross and his agents advanced, continuing to shoot at them as Bucky hastily turned the hand crank on the car and tried not to curse the 30s.

With a stutter, the car came to life and Bucky cheered. He was hardly given a moment to celebrate, however, when the Bishop revved the car and nearly ran him over.

He jumped as she drove towards him, landing on top of the hood and grimacing at the dent he knew would be left behind. Diving over the windshield and into the passenger seat, he ducked down to avoid Ross's gunfire as the Bishop sped down the tunnel. A supposed tank could only do so much to protect them when the top was down.

Ross's agents continued to fire until they rounded the corner.

Ahead of them, Bucky could make out the makeshift barricade that had been made to block off the old copper mine. The car's headlights weren't fantastic, but even Bucky could see it was solid enough that they would certainly be toast if they hit it.

As he turned to warn the Bishop, she shoved something into his hand.

"Throw it!" she demanded, speeding ahead.

Bucky glanced down at the stick and although he had his doubts about her plan, he threw it.

As soon as the dynamite stick hit the barricade, it exploded. The Bishop didn't slow down and they drove straight into the debris. Without the time to pull the convertible cover over them, wood chips and nails rained down on them as they broke through into the old tunnels. Somewhere in the backseat, Wilson shouted indignantly.